Best Rabbit Hunting Guns

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mitchell cates

Best Rabbit Hunting Guns

Post by mitchell cates »

I am looking for me a new 12 guage shotgun for this rabbit season but there is so many options out there. I was hopeing you all could give some good options that wont break the bank. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Mitchell

Briarhoppers

Re: Best Rabbit Hunting Guns

Post by Briarhoppers »

I like the Brownimg BPS.
PUCKETT CREEK RABBIT HOUNDS
http://our-southern-roots.com/

Ed Brown

Post by Ed Brown »

First off, I'd gun "down" to a 20ga. Saves a lot of meat. I like the Rem 870 pump.

PREACHERS,KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS,KENNEL »

price and light and good shooting the charles daly 20 pump is veryhard to beat

SUNRISE10

Post by SUNRISE10 »

H&R 20ga.single barrel....

blckcrk-dog

Post by blckcrk-dog »

PREACHERS,KENNEL wrote:price and light and good shooting the charles daly 20 pump is veryhard to beat
this is the same gun I shoot and my son ,and now half of the guys we hunt with .they are sweet to carry and great shooting,mine is the camo edition but they are getting harder to find.
"run em true and steady "

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Encore .410 15" barrel SS pistol
Remington 1100 20 ga.
Browning O/U .28 ga.

ANTHONY KERR

Post by ANTHONY KERR »

Mossberg model 500 pump .410. I paid less than $200 at Wally World. I Added a clip on the end of the magazine and drilled the stock for a sling. It is light and short enough to go through the brush and not so expensive that you get worried about a scratch or ding. The only problems I have had has been if it is not cleaned frequently the safety will stick. I also don't particularly where the safety is located. Other than that it has been a good rabbit gun.
Last edited by ANTHONY KERR on Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Where's the earth shattering kaboom ?

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I broke the bank a year ago and bought a Benelli in the M2 20 gauge. It is like carrying a small stick!! Shoots unbelievably and is tougher than heck!
I know they are high dollar but sometimes you get what you pay for. My son is only 5 and in a year or two, at most, he will be able to hold and shoot this
gun. The recoil is next to nothing as well. JMO. For economy you can't beat an 870 and an 1100 is a good one as well.

Done Gone Beagles

Post by Done Gone Beagles »

I use a 410 Mossberg pump 20 inch barrel if you hit them the dogs will do the rest I think the gun is 505 youth gun it works for me I was thinking getting it cut down putting a hand grip on it and go from there just a thought

Keystone Kid

Post by Keystone Kid »

To me, a gun is not like a marriage. I have several guns I’m fond of; I'm not married to any specific one. I like to jump around periodically.

If I had to pick my favorite, it would be between my 12 gauges Churchill Windsor IV, or my 20 gauge CZ Ringneck http://cz-usa.com/products/view/ringnec ... -hardened/
Last edited by Keystone Kid on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
* I enjoy meeting new Beaglers & Squirrel Dog Owners. It's a blessing to find other's with such unique interests.
* I also enjoy helping future hunters.

http://www.heasleyskeystonekennels.com

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike »

I love my Thompson Contender 410, great fun , and it makes it easier to handle dogs as well, I hunt alone alot, usually with 3-5 hounds. The only thing with using that fire arm is, your pretty much limited to rabbit hunting, and not much else.
Big Mike

Anderson Upland Beagles

Post by Anderson Upland Beagles »

i like my A500 G bought it the first year it came out as long as it goes bang !!!lol

fulcount

Post by fulcount »

Encore with 15 in bbl in 410 lots of fun
Non believers should know this gun will reach out there with Federal #4 or 6 shot
as per above hands are free to handle the hounds no long gun to carry all day long

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

Recurve bow flu flu arrows rubber blunt tip.Its a hoot and about 2 times a season I may kill one.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. "Benjamin Franklin" 1759