Gun Hound Magazine "New This Fall"

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Laneline

Gun Hound Magazine "New This Fall"

Post by Laneline »

Gun Hound Magazine is edited for serious gun hunters and competition trialers who are enthusiasts of the popular hound breeds of hunting dogs. Our focus is on gun hunters, training methods, hunting & training equipment... more stories less ads and no "hunt results". Specialized magazines will do this in their perspective formats. We will share views and have interviews with houndsman, their dogs and have trial "highlights" from the multiple competition organizations and formats.

The mission of Gun Hound Magazine is to educate, assist, enhance and inspire active participation in hunting, competition trialing and pleasure running hounds through coverage of hunting and training dogs, care and food for hounds, shotguns and ammunition, hunting strategies, and new products. In addition, Gun Hound Magazine includes regular columns written by experts in their field; advice on dogs that bring their game back to the gun, tree, or bay. Competition trialing; top kennel listings, top stud ads, advice from a Canadian perspective; and conservation news.

Gun Hound Magazine will be promoted within the “trial” Beagle Clubs, Coon Hound Clubs and Fox Hound Clubs. Gun Hound Magazine is also being sold to hunters as “retail” in stores across the US and Canada and intends to reach out and inspire, educate and inform hunters and houndsman everywhere. We feel that our magazine would be a great subscription to avid hunters, trialers and would be an excellent place to advertise your hounds or hound related business.

Please follow this link: http://gunhoundmag.zoomshare.com/
"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in." - Mark Twain

Craig

Re: Gun Hound Magazine "New This Fall"

Post by Craig »

Looks great guys!!! Looking forward to getting my 1st magazine!!

Snow Dog

Post by Snow Dog »

Looks Great! I will definitely give it a try! JD
Good running to you! Jim Dagley

Triple_S

Post by Triple_S »

Looks like somthing i would like.
Jim , my Check will be in the mail next week.
Last edited by Triple_S on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Huntin54

Post by Huntin54 »

Good looking magazine.

Just curious when are each of the magazines going to come out since there is only 7. Is it bi-monthly??

beagle crazy

Post by beagle crazy »

This looks great! Will you have it set up where we can order a subscription and pay with PayPal?? Or should I just go ahead and send you a check??

Laneline

Post by Laneline »

Huntin54 wrote:Good looking magazine.

Just curious when are each of the magazines going to come out since there is only 7. Is it bi-monthly??
The magazine is bi-monthly with a Christmas issue.

It is now set up to receive online payments with a credit card or check.

The first issue will be in October.

To go ahead and answer a few more questions from different emails… The mission of Gun Hound Magazine is to educate, assist, enhance and inspire active participation in hunting, competition trialing and pleasure running hounds. It is not our objective to push an agenda, a list of do’s and don’ts, an ulterior motive by backing a certain style, bloodline, breed, or any set of rules from any particular organization or format. It is to promote hunting with hounds in general. Every year we are losing more rights to our own government and we are losing influence on the general public. We are also having less and less young people getting involved in the sport of hunting, with them filling that void with opportunities of “trouble”. The divisions and "clicks" among hunters, trailers and houndsman has opened up a huge window of opportunity for those that would love to put a stop to hunting and running hounds all together. So again, we are out to educate, assist, enhance and inspire active participation in hunting, competition trialing and pleasure running hounds. So if a hound is used in any of the above being coon, fox, rabbit, bear, cat, boar, deer, coyote etc… we will cover it, but as you all know, Beagles are my first love. :lol:

Without saying too much, we have really been blessed. We have had huge support and help from many and we really have some “big guns” in the “hunting world”. Our first “feature article” is by Ted Nugent. http://www.tednugent.com/hunting/

I appreciate the many emails of support and encouragement from those of you on here. Jim
"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in." - Mark Twain

blckcrk-dog

Post by blckcrk-dog »

Looks like this will be a great magazine looking forward to it.
"run em true and steady "

Mike Gibeaut

Post by Mike Gibeaut »

Jim,Just Ordered Mine Looking Forward To Getting My 1st Issue.
Mike Gibeaut
Listen to your Dogs With Your Ears Watch Them With Your Eyes Leave your Ego At Home

beagle crazy

Post by beagle crazy »

OK, all paid up and waiting by the mailbox for my first issue. :lol:

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

Ok I ordered now where's my magazine :lol:

chuck r

Post by chuck r »

Just ordered mine,would like opinions on this.

We are a dieing breed, what do you think about puting these magizines in a the lobby of a business,dr`s chirop, ect,ect?
They have every kind of magazine you can think of for people to read.Nothing dealing with our sport. I would imagine pictures couldn`t be to graphic as far as kills and such. I`m thinking about puting my subscription and the beagle mag, in my chirop, office if he will let me. He hunts deer so I think he might.

Chuck

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

I used to send The American Beagler to my physicians, dentist, veterinarian, other vets, mechanic, a couple of gun stores, prisoners, soldiers overseas, shut-ins, nursing home lobbies, barbershops, etc. It was nice to go to those places and see the pages had been worn from people thumbing through them.

Spini Boys

Post by Spini Boys »

How about selling them off the rack at Bass Pro and Cabelas stores.
"PASS IT ON, a little of your time, the time of thier life"
If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.

B. Diddy

Post by B. Diddy »

Just ordered mine. Can't wait!