sulpher

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

PREACHERS,KENNEL

sulpher

Post by PREACHERS,KENNEL »

i dug a well and it seems it may have sulfer in it .. anybody dealt with this situation good filteration units or anything? is sulfer water bad for dogs? its not a real heavy sulfer according to my well man but none the less when we put a pump in it the rotten egg smell was there .. ggrrrr..looking for idead hoping to be moveing in in 2 weeks cant have the house smelling like that!

TC

Re: sulpher

Post by TC »

The best you can do is get a good water softner, but you probably won't get good tasting water even with that. I lived in Wyoming by the worlds largest hot springs and the sulfer water was all you had. (Called Mineral Water to the Health Nuts) We used a Calgon Water softener but you could still taste the sulfer... YUCK... Won't hurt to drink but taste nasty... Oh and lay off the boiled eggs....LOL
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

jcbeagler

Post by jcbeagler »

Get a water softner and put a whole house filter with a charcoal filter and it will help some.

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Ricky

We have an old resort here called Blount Springs that used to have folks come from all over the world to bathe in the sulphur water. I have one of the old blue bottles that sell for lots of money that they sold all over to drink for your health. Its sure good for you. Just think about what I'm telling you and make your 2 week stay a family health resort adventure! May just cure something you or one of your family has that you didn't know about. You're a preacher, so you can sure believe that all works for your good.

Heck, you'll probably never get to experience this again.

Now, sell it to your family!!!!

NOTHING WILL TOTALLY ERASE ITS SMELL

SouthernBeagles

Post by SouthernBeagles »

:biggrin:
Can't wait to hear how you explain the smell to the Church on Sunday.

"Honest!! I don't have gas!!! Its the WATER!!!!!"
:yuck: :haha: :dance:
Don't squat with your spurs on!

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Sulfur is a great healer of the skin and a blood purifier.
Many ailments of the skin come from sickness within the body meaning, they work themselves outward from the inside and are shown as sores or lesions on the bodies skin. Good skin and hair are a outward sign of health.
I don't know how you get rid of the smell but it surely won't hurt your hounds to drink from the well.
My friend Roy Clinkard would dust his beagles with sulfur every fortnight while they were eating. The idea was, after eating, they would be returned to kennels and lick themselves and each other clean after feeding, thus ingesting the sulfur and medicating themselves... ;)

TnHoss

Post by TnHoss »

Mine have been drinking sulphur water for years now and it aint caused any problems what so ever.
Expecting a carjacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces

Mike Gibeaut

Post by Mike Gibeaut »

Sulpher is a gas you can put a filtration system with an air injector to expell the gas.if you live in wv,oh, or ky,i can maybe recommend some one to help the company i work for sales them.
Mike Gibeaut
Listen to your Dogs With Your Ears Watch Them With Your Eyes Leave your Ego At Home

JStorer

Post by JStorer »

The water we had growing up always had a sulpher taste, even witha water softner it is still there but it wont kill ya I m living proof :D

warddog

Post by warddog »

I used to live in northern Indiana and we had sulfer so bad that it was a dirty color right out of the faucet. It smelled so bad that I'd run a tub of bath water and leave the house for it to air oput before I'd even stick my dirty butt in it. I finally called the Culligan man who installed a water softener with an expensive charcoal filter along side of it that took the discoloration out BUT the rotten egg taste was still there. Needless to say I got stuck paying a huge amopunt of money for a systemthat didn't do as I was told it would and the salesman finally said that the only way to get the taste out was with an aireator unit that would have me mortaging the house to afford. The sulfer smell will not stay on your body after bathing in it but DO NOT drink the sulfer tasting water and go to church with any of it in your system as that rotten egg smell comes out of BOTH ends and you can't stop it!

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

On the farm we have that problem too, we pour a gallon of bleach down the well and leave it for 24 hours. After 24 hours WITHOUT running any water, run the water for about a half hour to one hour to flush the bleach out, and that usually helps.

Swamp

big mike 50

Post by big mike 50 »

Taking the rod out of your hot water heater may help with the smell and a Britta or Pur water pitcher for the fridge works for me.
When the tailgate drops the bull$#!t stops

PREACHERS,KENNEL

well after hours of letting it run and putting gallons of bleach in it .. it finally is looking better had a bad black look to it .. some have called that setiment. my well man has promised me he can sell me a filter sysytem that takes the smell out and make it taste fine ,,, i want tthat in writing ..for 1,500 bucks it better do something real good i am gonna search the internet ..when running the hose outside it smells just in spots bad if you are down wind of it . my wife is not a happy woman.. i guess i'll opray over that well reall good and get some filters. might as well have works with my faith ...

chuck r

Post by chuck r »

Preacher, talk to hammernpatch.He has a system in his basement because of the same problem.
There is lots of sulpher water around Lima Ohio.

PREACHERS,KENNEL

YOU GOT A NUMBER ON HIM CHUCK?