pride dog food?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

dave5050

pride dog food?

Post by dave5050 »

i found pride 50 lb black back for $17.i believe its meat based.alot cheaper than the black gold i'm feeding.just wondering if any body's used it and with what results.
thanks

Ky. Hunter

Re: pride dog food?

Post by Ky. Hunter »

I have just found the Pride black bag for $16.00 for 50 lb bag and have just started feeding it but I can't give you any results on it yet. I have a friend that said he used to feed it a while back with good results and after I told him where I found it he said he was going back to it. It is really $16.50 per bag but since I always buy my dog food from this place and buy several bags at a time he lets me have it for $16.00.

dave404

Post by dave404 »

dave5050 , i have fed it for years, white bag for older retired hounds , black bag is meat based, real good feed imo, summertime i have fed the white bag 22/10 ,its corn based to runnin dogs, done good also. been feeding sextons some lately, lot more messy stool than any of the pride. next batch ill probably go with the white bag pride , i only pleasure run .
id rather feed pride than dog chow for the price as dog chow is full of corn also and have fed lots of both and do just as good on pride.
green bag pride, meat base is great also.

rnbrunton

Post by rnbrunton »

I fed the black bag all winter liked it,firm stools,dogs looked good.Bought a bag of white,stools where runny at first but firmed up,stiull deciding on buying more or not.could you pm me on where you are getting yours at? thanks ,roger
Red AKC Gundogs Just one more chase.RNB Eastview Tomahawk Chief 1996-2006

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

Good stuff. I've fed Pride for 5 years.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. "Benjamin Franklin" 1759

Catfish

Post by Catfish »

What is the % Fat to Protein. Thanks

Catfish:
The best music is a pack of hounds pounding a rabbit track
R.ch Bad News Hunter
R.I.P. R.ch Haywood's come Back Kid
R.I.P Gr. R. Ch. Haywood's Precious Lady Garlick

dave5050

Post by dave5050 »

i cant remember protien % for sure,i think it's 24/18 ,26/18?i bought a bag of sextons bro's corn based(16$/50 lb 20pro/20fat)about 2 weeks ago and i just started mixing with the last of my black gold.i will see how they do on it.
roger
i found it at Bear Rental ,6 mile turn new lex.
thanks

rnbrunton

Post by rnbrunton »

I thought that might be the place.I've been getting mine there too.If you want to try sexton bros. the new hardware on State st.in New Lex is selling it.I have'nt tried it.roger
Red AKC Gundogs Just one more chase.RNB Eastview Tomahawk Chief 1996-2006

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

http://www.thepridedogfood.com/page4.html

I have a buddy who has a 200 acre farm a few miles from Six Mile Turn and I live about 30 minutes from there. I'll have to pick up a bag of the black bag sometime. For the price and ingredients it seems like a better deal than Purina Dog Chow.
Thanks for the info.

Ed

dave404

Post by dave404 »

dannycrlsn

Post by dannycrlsn »

I've been using pride for years. I have fed mostly the white bag until this spring. I had a black and tan hound that couldn't hold his weight with the white. I switched to the brown bag and he picked his weight up. Stool is more loose with the white than with the brown. The white bag is 22% protein & 10% fat and the brown is 22% protein and 16% fat. I was buying the white for $16.50/50# bag and now am buying the brown for $19.75/50# bag

Bulletproof

Post by Bulletproof »

I have recently become a distributor for Pride, before I decided to sell it I fed it and had very good results. The white bag is a good food for yard dogs and dogs that are no longer ran in the field. I have been feeding the black bag and the dogs look good and the stool is good but I did have to reduce the amount of food I was giving and have found that over feeding alot of times causes dogs to have loose stool. I live about 30 miles southeast of Cincinnati and can deliver the food to northern Kentucky, Indiana and areas in Ohio. Feel free to call to discuss food and get pricing.

Thank you,
Jamie Coburn
Bullet Proof Kennel
513-739-1006
513-876-9311
Jamie and Anthony Coburn
Dark Creek Kennel
513-876-9311
Beagles and English Setters

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

I have been feeding Pride for over a year, and I like how my dogs hold up on it.
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

tinymwoods

Post by tinymwoods »

I am going to try some pride next week. Black Bag for $17 here also. I hope they hold up on it
Mike Woods, Co-owner of Mtn Way Kennel
Visit me at http://www.mtnwaykennel.com
Come run with me in Saltville, Va!
Call anytime! 276-492-0852

mtneerbp

Post by mtneerbp »

Feed Black bag 24/20 pay 15.69 for 50lb bag well pleased with it
BOB POST
MTNEER KENNELS
NORTH CENTRAL WV

BY HIS BLOOD I AM FORGIVEN