My beagle got attacked!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

SwampBuck

My beagle got attacked!

Post by SwampBuck »

My daughter and a couple friends to my 3 beagles and were going for a walk. As they left the driveway, a German Shepard ran up and grabbed my beagle shook her and bit her a couple times, my daughter shooed it off. This dog is always running free and the owners dont care. The cops have 4 different complaints on file and have only talked to them, thats it. This isnt the 1st time my dogs get attacked on MY property. But this time she needed 5 staples in 2 different areas. Som eof there friends said the chances of us getting our $149 back are slim to none. What are our options? Im sick of this, they wont keep their dog off our property. Help a bro out!

wvhunter

Re: My beagle got attacked!

Post by wvhunter »

The 3 S's or get a lawyer.
LP RCH BCH Wolfe's Da Bomb Sam (2 wins)
Barton Hollow Bolt Action
Bokes Creek Ellie
3M's Diesel
3M's Zoom Zoom Rage
3M's Da Bomb Muzzy

bluecollar beagler

Post by bluecollar beagler »

i dont care who's dog it is, if it was on my property... id give them a pill they cant swallow... next time it could be one of your kids and im not one to take that chance..... take care of the problem yourself and never mention it again... good luck... :check:

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

If it's a danger to you , your kids or your
dogs on your property if I understand the
law correctly it's your legal right to put it
down and the owner is responsible to pay
for any damage .

Goodluck ,
Buddy

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

I would make the dog disappear and wouldnt tell anybody in the area what happened. Dogs like this are useless and the reason more and more animal laws are passed. Get rid of it.
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Like Crabtree said.

pa.hunter

Post by pa.hunter »

ask the dogs owner if you can take it hunting.lol
a bad day hunting is better than a good day at work.

royhollister

Post by royhollister »

call the animal control or the dog warden tell them there is a loose dog in the area. and tell them your situation hope it helps sorry to hear.roy

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

a lil dose of lead behind its ear always worked wonders for strays around here jb
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

SmoothDogg

Post by SmoothDogg »

If this happen to me here is what I would do: Get me a glass bottle and bust it up real good, then apply hamburger meet :chef: . And all you have to do is feed the dog a little hambuer patty for a snack for being such a well deserving dog it is :vamp: . Time will take care of the rest. It is harsh, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do :twisted:
Josh Jones (606) 813-6028
(606) 596-0538

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

I would give it a dirt nap :shock:
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

caddis

Post by caddis »

I would get all the records of complaints that you mentioned, contact the other people that filed the complaint, file charges on them and use the other people that filed complaints to either testify in your behalf or join you in the suit. If all else, there is always a time and a place to remedy it yourself. You will have it on record of the dog attacking, you will have defend yourself and your property when the next time presents itself. My main concern are your kids, these types dogs are also known to attack kids as well. Be careful and best of luck to you. Hope the ideas helped.
Tom Brown

nb11

Post by nb11 »

If you take the "legal" route, you have to play with a pretty large time factor. It could happen again in the mean time.

Is the owners home close enough that they would hear a shot? If not, then I'd just make the dog disappear.

Otherwise: You've heard the story about what to do if you have a burglar in your house: make sure when you shoot him that he dies in the house. Then let the attorney earn his money by showing that your life was in danger.
Same with the dog. Shoot it the next time it is on your property. Tell the police that he has attacked your dog in the past. this time, thankfully, you just happened to be carrying your gun in from the truck when you heard a dog growling at you. Darn good thing you shot it when you did, because you were pretty darn sure he was going to attack you this time!
With the record of complaints against that dog, I can't believe there is an attorney that would suggest that he take you to court.
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap."

mjd

Post by mjd »

attorneys would be all over this,both ways,there in it for the money,,,heres a idea,first,delete this post and anywhere else you posted it,the dog owners may be on this site :idea: ,then come back on in a week or 2 and tell us a good story about when you were out running your hounds,,, you know,like where the ''red fern grows '' up by the '' pet cemetery'' get the idea :?: :biggrin: :biggrin:

TC

Post by TC »

you EVER See a Dog that has Ate the glass!!!!
And YOU could Do That???
it aint the Dogs Fault its the Owners!!!!!!!
I Would Slap the Snot out of the Owner every time the Dog got Close to my place and Sooner or later he would put it up or get rid of it himself!!!
there are LOTs of other ways to handle this if the Fella is a Biggin then there is always the property aspect...
get him alone ( his Word against yours) Someplace and Tell him next time he Will need to purchase new Tires For his Vehicle..
Make HIS life miserable for a Change!!!!
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be