New from WV

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

harechaserWV

New from WV

Post by harechaserWV »

I'm new to beagles as I always coonhunted...I'm interested in joining a local beagle club so is there anyone else here from WV? It's always neat to hear from people in your own state. I have a post in the training section if anyone could please read it and tell me how my female pup did...thanka, Brad

beagle crazy

Re: New from WV

Post by beagle crazy »

Well, lets see: There's a UKC club at Redhouse and one at Alkol in Lincoln County (I think) and one in Milton; and an ARHA club at Sod (Lincoln County again) and one in Ripley. AKC has a club at Pliny. There are also clubs in Ironton OH and Ashland KY. Any would welcome you. Ripley, Ironton and Sod all have field trials scheduled this weekend in ARHA and Alkol and Milton have UKC trials. These are the closest ones I can think of. Pick a city and go to a trial this weekend. You'll have lots of fun, meet lots a nice beaglers and see some fine hounds.!

BIG AL

Post by BIG AL »

Mt. State Beagle Association is having an ARHA Little Pack hunt March 28. Club is just off the Fairplain/Ripley exit. Held in the Jackson County coonhunters building.

Jon Gibeaut

Post by Jon Gibeaut »

Southern WV Beagle Club, Pliny WV. Probably the only club around with running grounds, we have a 100 acre enclosure but your dogs must be AKC registered to be a member of the club and use the grounds.
Mark Kisamore President 304-744-4609
Jon Gibeaut SEC/Tres. 304-741-1121

wvbeagler08

Post by wvbeagler08 »

Welcome to the board harechaser i am from Wv i live about an hour and 15 minutes from hurricane ive got some good running down that way usually run 10 to 15 rabbits you ever wanna go runnin just leave me a pm an we will go run some cottontail or you can come up my way and we will run some hare Thanks Cody

minotauro

Post by minotauro »

Thats a nice offer cody, if i lived closer to you i would take you up on that. But i might be making the trip soon enough to a few trials that i go to every year. Maybe we could meet up and you could give me the collars that we traded and i sent you in the mail along with some money to make it fair to you. You received my collars and money but must of forgot to send me my stuff. It has been over a month, Cody has made up some stories and hasnt returned any calls in 2 weeks. So take your chances with this guy .I gave him the benefit of the doubt for way too long, and just realized i was taken.

Thanks Again Cody

nb11

Post by nb11 »

Hey Harechaser....
I'm from Pa, but have good friend in Hometown right outside Nitro. He's big into bird dogs.
I've been down your way a number of times.
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap."

harechaserWV

Post by harechaserWV »

hometown, one of my dads friends lived in hometown just moved from there named mike lett.and debby

nb11

Post by nb11 »

The guy I know is Ken Connett. He worked for the post office....but not in Hometown. I don't remember which town he carried mail in. He is retired now. His son Tim would be in his late 30's and played football for the Polka Dots.
"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap."