dogs acting wierd,what is causing it??????

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

danny vansickle

dogs acting wierd,what is causing it??????

Post by danny vansickle »

ok,i am dumbfounded now,i have one dog in my pack that has ran day in and day out,night after night and day after day in these strip mines known at belleville,recently the goverment stepped in and put a stop to us driving in the mines so we all have to run at the entry gate or walk our hounds in,well,back to the problem,about 2 weeks ago,one of my hounds got off to his own and was soloing,well,he stopped all of a sudden and came running in acting scared,this is not the first time this has happend out there,it happened two other times with the same dog and one other,now,this dog refuses to go in and run with the other dogs,i can take him down the road to telegraph and he goes right in and runs all night or all day,but then go right back to belleville and he stands by you and wont go in,and its not just my dog,last night another guys dogs refused to go in and run there and the same dogs have ran there for years,and i am hearing the same stories from a few other guys that run there,so,what do you think is spookin these dogs out and making them not want to run in this one area?
DVS ink Kustom Tattoos and Body Piercings
"SOUTHERN OHIO'S ONLY ONE STOP TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS HEAD SHOP "
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

S.R.Patch

Re: dogs acting wierd,what is causing it??????

Post by S.R.Patch »

A few years ago in Wis. our hounds acted this way(hackles all up, wouldn't go in an hunt) in one area we hunted, we figured it was wolf or bear. Up on the island, the bear never bothers their hunt, so we figured it was wolf in Wis.
After I killed the coyote bitch, a group of young yotes started coming up behind my father's place and feeding on scraps. There's a bunch of yotes out there... :mad:

hillbilly bob

Post by hillbilly bob »

I dont know about everyone else but sounds like there is a boogie man in them there mines. :shock:
FOX RIVER BLAZE
LC'S BIGTIME BLUE BELLE
LC'S CROOKED JOSEPHINE
LC'S FORT HOLLOW BEAR
LC'S RENEGADE REBEL
LC'S BLUE TWISTED STEEL
WB'S LITTLE SHORTY
TICK RIDGE TILLIE

warddog

Post by warddog »

BIGFOOT!

scootersjill

Post by scootersjill »

i have one that if she winds a yote that is it for her. but then again if she winds anything bigger than a rabbit she quits. a yote almost got her one night. had slobbers from neck to hips. :shock:
skillet creek jammin jill RIP
skillet creek suzie Q
D-N-J"s Hammerin Hannah
Mike's Sunrise Scooter

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

I used to have one that would act like that whenever there was coyotes around. We would always use him to let us know if the yotes were around. They got after him once when he was a pup.

ANTHONY KERR

Post by ANTHONY KERR »

I run between two powerlines and have one female that acts weird beside one of the towers. She may hear some buzzing that I cannot hear. When it is rainy or windy those lines make a ruckus. She is normally not a spooky dog. I had a Great Dane run in on a dog that was running solo a week ago. That was the end of that race.
Where's the earth shattering kaboom ?

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Sounds like evil spirits to me. :shock:

danny vansickle

Post by danny vansickle »

thanks guys,so,what should i do,contact a coyote hunter,or an exorcist?????? :devil: :evil2: :vamp: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i kinda figured coyote's would be what yall said,just wonderin if any of ya had seen this before,if it was just this one dog i would have thought he was sick or somethin,but obviously,that aint it,cause there are other guys havin the same problem there with some reala nice hounds.........
DVS ink Kustom Tattoos and Body Piercings
"SOUTHERN OHIO'S ONLY ONE STOP TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS HEAD SHOP "
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

MasonsBeagles

Post by MasonsBeagles »

Danny you did know that Cyotes taste like fried chicken and pumpkin pie...... :chef:
Please visit
http://www.LiveStockSeller.com NEW LIVESTOCK SITE. Totally Free Listings
http://www.NeededPrayers.com we have just relaunched.

Hatfield

Post by Hatfield »

Pike Ridge Beagles wrote:Sounds like evil spirits to me. :shock:

Were you there when the other guys dog wouldn't run?
Desire and the abilities to account for the rabbit.

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Hatfield wrote:
Pike Ridge Beagles wrote:Sounds like evil spirits to me. :shock:

Were you there when the other guys dog wouldn't run?
Never thought about that Robert. Maybe I need to go see an exorcist too. :lol:

Hatfield

Post by Hatfield »

What I was wondering was, was Danny there when the other guys dog wouldn't run? Has it gotten worse since the gate got locked?

Ed that is gettin a little too personal. I am an American and I believe eeryone has the right to worship whomever or whatever they please, be it the devil, the gun, a dog or all three like me :vamp: J/K!
Desire and the abilities to account for the rabbit.

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

I bet it is that Taco Belle that Danny has been letting off in the field that has them dogs all crazy. Not for sure..just a hunch. :idea: :chef:

Tim H

Post by Tim H »

:vamp: I never heard of Bigfoot around a strip mine. Always been in some woods. So that rules him out.
:twisted: Abominable Snow Men never come that far south till at least January. So that rules him out.
:approve: UFO's can't leave crop circles in a strip mine either so no aliens. :approve:
If there's a lake in there it could be the Loch Ness monster but that's a long trip for nessy and with all the focus on the borders it would be hard for something that big to sneak across. :hammer:
I'm afraid to say what I'm thinking but here it goes. :(
:eyes: I think it's the Belleville Witch she's Blair Witches cousin. :eyes:
:camo: Don't go in there no more. :camo:
I bet that's why the government shut it down. It's a cover up for sure. They done it to all the others, now it's the Belleville Witch. :nod:

OR

It could be coyotes. :oops:
"Watch your dog and SHUT-UP"