Got treated like DIRT by Tri Tronics !!! Please read !!!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

JUDE

Got treated like DIRT by Tri Tronics !!! Please read !!!

Post by JUDE »

I called Tri Tronics to tell them about my range problem .
The first lady pretty much said that my unit had been
scrapped and I was a liar . She finally changed her mind
and decided my stuff was still under warranty .

1 mile range :lol: yeah right you're lucky to get 600
feet out of thier garbage .

Well the second person I spoke with (had to find my
cheap plastic GARBAGE case before they would even
talk anymore with me) thank goodness I had the case
in the building .

I was charging my unit one day and one of the cradle/
reciever chargers burnt out :angryfire: well guess what
IT MUST'VE BEEN MY FAULT ..... DUE TO AN ELECTRIC
STORM :bomb: or my power source :bash: . He said I'm
not going to argue with you about that . :shock:

Well he told me a few things to try and to get back to
them .

Now I know some of thier stuff works good but I'm upset
right now .
I got a feeling they're not going to give me a way to go .

Thank you ,
Buddy

copperking

Re: Got treated like DIRT by Tri Tronics !!! Please read !!!

Post by copperking »

Go with Dogtra. I did and havent looked back, batteries last longer on a charge and dont die out quickly when it is cold out.
NH Registered Hunting Guide Specializing in Snowshoe Hare Hunts Now Booking For 2008
(603)752-2957 or guide@shootahare.com or http://www.shootahare.com

wildcatfan0309

Post by wildcatfan0309 »

buddy
i have been thinking about a pettition about the range problem for a while now
because me and many others has called with the problem and they act like you are stupid
they are bound to know that there is a problem since they have had so many calls
they are so proud and confident in there product that they think it is impossable for it to mess up
and im sure you got the same approach from them
i say we get everybody that is unsatisfied with the product to give us there name, number, and serial numbers of there products and we will get a big list im sure
because i dont know anybody thats satified with it
and if it dont do any good atleast they will know that there is sevral people that are unsatisfied with their product and maybe it will break there spirit alil enough to listen to peoples problem with the equiptment

example
i had a buddy that called me he said he was buying a brand new classic 70 for his fox hounds and that it was in the mail
i told him that he wouldnt like it
that it wasnt like the old style he had seen me use when he used to run beagles
i told him that it wouldnt reach out
he pulled it out of the box charged it and tested it
and it would reach at 1/3 mile
he boxed it up sent it back in and traded it for the trash breaker and its a 2 mile and he said hes lucky to get it to reach 1 1/4 miles
what do ya think

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

tracker systems did the same to me

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

buy sport dog life time warrenty and they willl work with ya they have a five dog system up to 2 miles it wont fail

kgsc68

Post by kgsc68 »

I have a Trashbreaker G2 that is on the way back to TT for the second time in a month with range problems. I'll have to admit they have given me good service with no questions asked. They sent me a loaner set which is a classic 70 with a one mile range which I thought was nice but it was covered in mud and dog hair. I decided to do another range test using my unit and the loaner and all that I could get out of either was .3 of a mile. That sucks considering it was across an open field and I let them know about it. I also let them know that I did not appreciate a filthy loaner that could easily have parvo, corona, or some other disease which could be given to my 12 week old pups. They did apologize but they really need to do something about this problem because they are well aware of it. I cant wait to see what the escuse will be this time.

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

Josh , I'll be happy to help with the petition . I may just be a hillbilly
but I didn't deserve the treatment they dished out :( .

Thanks everyone ,
Buddy
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

I have owned TT for 10 years now. Both Trashbreakers and Field 70's. I always figure on getting half the range they claim and that seems to be pretty close. The worse the terrain, the worse the range. I have to wonder what on earth you would be shocking a dog 2 miles away for, and how do you know if its reaching or not. Unless its a very quiet night with no wind you cant hear beagles 2 miles away in the brush. If they get two miles away before you decide they are on off game you have waited too long. I use my tone switch as a call, but if they are two miles away its going to take them some time to find you.

I understand that if they advertise 2 miles it should go 2 miles but lets keep it real, how many things do you continue to buy that dont live up to the advertised claims. I have no interest in promoting TT, but having watched guys struggle with their dogtra's, innotec, etc....they all have their troubles. I know my trips to the woods have been DRASTICALLY improved since the invention of shock collars. I dont know how many Saturdays growing up we dropped the dogs at 9 am, deer chase by 930 am find dogs 5 pm ten miles away or get a phone call. Would like to hear more testimonials on Dogtra....I find very few people that are objective enough to give honest assesments. Whatever anyone owns is always the greatest thing available, maybe in an effort to justify the rediculous amount of money that was spent...... :roll:

My experience tells me tracking collars only get 1/4 the range they claim. This is more disturbing to me, but everyone seems to accept the falsity with them. Has anyone heard anymore about the tracking/shock collars that were suppost to work off satelite? Unlimited range. Im afraid of frequency hops that would have some guy in Arkansas shocking my dogs in northern Michigan through a satelite..... :angryfire:
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

Sport dog treated me like a king when I had an issue with their collar! Range doesn't work as well as it should either. But they only have to test it down wind in open range on a good day to claim whats on the box.... Its really about half I think.
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

stanimals2

Post by stanimals2 »

I wish they would read these forums, they tried to make me update my 3 dog ultra that had new batteries the year before for 150.00 dollars just for a 69 cent switch that they would not sell me. I bought one a radio shack and fixed it myself, their customer service is about as poor as poor can get, I get better customer service from India :blackeye:

billi

Post by billi »

I have always purchased the 1 mile range TT. However i usually end up wishing i would have got the 2 mile range collar. I was in a situation that a fellow i was with lost his dog. He would try to shock then we would listen. He had the Trash breakers 2 mile range. Finally i caught a very faint bark from a long distance..sure enough it was his dog but every time he would shock it it was going the opposite way..he couldnt here us hollering..all he felt was the shock..when you have one that shocks that far distance all they would do is stop the off game race..but this dog was flat lost..

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

I am disappointed with the newer EXP models as compared to the originals that I own but they do work but not near as good. I noticed the tone is not near as loud and the range if poor.

I don't think you need to shock at a mile anyways. Like the post above, it could just drive the hound further away. I never used shock collars until about two years ago and they are great tools but can ruin a dog if not used properly. I seldom shock a dog these days once they are broke off trash and if i do it is never above the three setting but normally on the 1 setting (usually for roling in garbage, etc.). I will smoke one if it runs trash. Usually, once a dog is collar broke, alls one needs to do is tone them in anyways.

Good luck buddy with TT and I hope it works out for you.

Ed
Last edited by Pike Ridge Beagles on Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

Wow I was going to sell my older TT unit to get a G-2 system glad I didn't. I have the system that was made the year before the FIRST G-2 systems came out,they have been GREAT,I do get some bleed over into 1 collar but the range is great,even in WV.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. "Benjamin Franklin" 1759

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

mybeagles wrote: My experience tells me tracking collars only get 1/4 the range they claim. This is more disturbing to me, but everyone seems to accept the falsity with them. Has anyone heard anymore about the tracking/shock collars that were suppost to work off satelite? Unlimited range. Im afraid of frequency hops that would have some guy in Arkansas shocking my dogs in northern Michigan through a satelite..... :angryfire:
Never heard of a shock collar working over sattelites, they have the GPS tracking collars but they won't shock your dog

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

Dixie, I remember hearing about it but there is an FAA legality in transmitting soehting that will shock through the air for non military personel.... It will never happen unless the change frequency rules....Now maybe a cell phone tower or somehting like that would be easier to do...
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.