warning.

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

PREACHERS,KENNEL

warning.

Post by PREACHERS,KENNEL »

a friend of mine leaves his shock collars in his truck all the time he has 3 sets ..he has alot of dogs ,, well he thinks at least someone stole them out of his truck while he was alseep in his house said he always locks his trucks any other time ..his insurance is supposed to help out minus his deductible but that sure is sorry of folks.so lock ur trucks or leave them in the house.

Bunnyblaster

Re: warning.

Post by Bunnyblaster »

Mine go in the house with me just for that reason. We don't have much trouble with people stealing around us but it's not worth taking the chance.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

DRamey

Post by DRamey »

If it gets cold, it's death on the batteries anyway. Not only collars, but dog boxes too should be locked down with a cable and lock.
"My past is coming up into my future and messin' with my good life"--Jesco White, 1991
"I enjoyed myself from within myself on behalf of myself"--Jesco White, 1991

dannycrlsn

Post by dannycrlsn »

Back in October I had a shotgun in my truck and someone tried to break out the passenger side window in my truck under my carport one night. I was the lucky one in the neighborhood as both my next door nieghbors were hit the same night. One of them's truck was unlocked and some tools were stolen while the other one had the small glass broken onthe pickup but nothing was stolen. Thank goodness it was locked

Smoke them Bunnys

Post by Smoke them Bunnys »

Sorry to hear about your buddy people are getting very brave and relentless now adays about 1 to 2 weeks before we had all kind of breakins up and down the road. They didn't bother me i have mut that is the meanst little S.O.B. on the planet he is black got blue tick markings on him couldn't even begin to tell what he is. He stands about 2ft tall weighs 45lbs or so. Around my family best dog ever rolls over jumps and plays carries on. Let a stranger come up he turns redneck in heart beat barking and growling hair standing up 2in. on his back. I keep on a cable during the day go about 9 at nite and turn him loose. My beagles are on chains right now till i get my kennel built he dosn't bother them but it took them awhile to get use to him being loose. Just wanted to say GOOD GUARD DOG HARD TO BEAT.

beagle crazy

Post by beagle crazy »

Several houses and vehicles in our neighborhood have been broken into, but the hoodlums tend to stay away from our end of the street. If anything sets foot in our yard, we have one beagle that will absolutely GO OFF! And when one starts barking, they all start barking. One night some crooks were trying to get in our neighbors window. Guess they were making too much noise too close to our kennels, and they set off the ruckus! You could have heard those hounds more than a mile away the way they were carrying on! And we don't let them do that, so out we went to shut them up and those crooks ran. The neighbors came over the next day to thank our dogs for scaring them off. We keep everything locked--vehicles, house, garage, out building--we even have locks on the kennels.
And you MUST have your dog box locked into the truck! I know 2 fellas that had their boxes stolen right out of their trucks--one at a field trial, and one out of his own yard. :shock: