Finaly a good day of rabbit hunting

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

ackerhunter4life

Finaly a good day of rabbit hunting

Post by ackerhunter4life »

Well we got to the woods. With in 13mins the dog ran one bad tracking really wet. Well we lost that one then we got on another one and ran it for a while then i shot it one down 3 more to go. Then the dog got on another one ran it i shot miss then runs it in a circle then i shot again miss DARN IT! well before i could get another shot the dog caught the sucker. This is all within a hour tops. Then we walked down a fence row and got into the woods walking the dog jumps one out of the brush pull up to shot and pass it up. The dog ran this one for 14 mins or more then lost it still very bad tracking. Well then i get another one on a full throttle chase. The on our way out we deside to try and get another one. Well we were in this place that was completly flooded so really bad tracking. Well we get on one and we see it run into the brush comes in the open and i can't get a shot finaly i did and fur blew everywhere i was done we had my limit so we left 2nd time out this year first time nothing.

[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Chris%20Schick\My%20Documents\My%20Pictures[/img]
brian ackerman

tandd

Post by tandd »

Great Job Brian! :P