INDIANA HUNT

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Pine Mt Beagles

INDIANA HUNT

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

I GOT IN ON A REALLY NICE HUNTING TRIP LAST WEEK, WITH EDDIE. FROM TRI-STATE BEAGLES ,A GOOD FRIEND, AND BOBBY AND ALLEN VEST. WE WENT TO INDIAND FOUND A LOT OF RABBITS HAD GOOD RUNNING, AND SUPER GOOD RUNNING I HAD A CHANCE TO TEST MY YOUNG HOUNDS AND THEY DID OK" ALL THE HOUNDS DID GOOD EDD HAS A GOOD PACK AND THE VEST BOY'SALSO HAVE SOME FINE HOUNDS.EDD'S NEW TRAILOR IS NICE LOT'S OF ROOM.GOOD HOUND'S, GOOD FRIENDS, GOOD RUNNING "IS HARD TO BEAT IF YOUR ARE A HOUNDSMAN, IT DON'T GET MUCH BETTER.-----I SURE SAW A LOT OF POSTED SIGN'S ON THE STRIP MINES,IS IT GOING TO BE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC,, WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THAT...

KEEP'EM RUNNING
PINE MT BEAGLES

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

AV Spencer

Post by AV Spencer »

Too many people coming up from KY killing rabbits.
Run for Fun

Pine Mt Beagles

CRAZY

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

SPENCER
WE DON'T KILL MANY MOSTLY RUN I HEARD SOME ONE WAS LEASING UP A LOT OF THE LAND RUNNING GROUNDS ARE GETTING HARD TO FIND .
PINE MT BEAGLES

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

billi

Post by billi »

I have heard about the posted signs have also heard someone is slashing out of state truck tires. Not just one tire but several. Sounds like the locals have had enough. I would guess they pull in quite a bit of mony from the trials..no rabbits no trials.

billi

Post by billi »

I have heard about the posted signs have also heard someone is slashing out of state truck tires. Not just one tire but several. Sounds like the locals have had enough. I would guess they pull in quite a bit of mony from the trials..no rabbits no trials.

AV Spencer

Post by AV Spencer »

Peolple are buying up land everywhere. I just wish I could get $ and buy some up before it all goes to only deer hunter type people.

I love to hunt and harvest but only after a good run.

Have fun!
Run for Fun

TheVilleBeagler

Post by TheVilleBeagler »

Can I get the GPS coordinates for those strip mines in southern Indiana? :lol: :lol:

MasonsBeagles

g

Post by MasonsBeagles »

billi wrote:I have heard about the posted signs have also heard someone is slashing out of state truck tires. Not just one tire but several. Sounds like the locals have had enough. I would guess they pull in quite a bit of mony from the trials..no wabbits no trials.
Id say the slashers will get there assess shot too!!!!
Please visit
http://www.LiveStockSeller.com NEW LIVESTOCK SITE. Totally Free Listings
http://www.NeededPrayers.com we have just relaunched.

John Lear

Post by John Lear »

Man now that is one smart Hoosier. "Hey let's go around and cut the tires off of trucks that belong to guys that we know will be holding loaded guns"! It would be interesting to know his DNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronnyg

Post by Ronnyg »

John Lear wrote:Man now that is one smart Hoosier. "Hey let's go around and cut the tires off of trucks that belong to guys that we know will be holding loaded guns"! It would be interesting to know his DNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not that I condone anyone causing problems for out of state hunters........but I'd say the moron Hoosiers that are slashing tires are probably disgruntled hunters who carry weapons themselves.
Hoosier Heartland Beagles

http://indybeaglerforum.freeforum.ca/

TC

Post by TC »

ONE Problem that I am Aware of is that Some folks are comming in from out of state to hunt but are hunting WRONG areas.
Some if not MOST of the property used in the field trials is privately owned and the clubs and Guides have permission to use it for holding trials NOT for hunting.....
A couple groups came in from out of State and hunted Where they trialed!!!! NOT GOOD So now we may not get to use this property Again for trials....
Rule of Thumb Check before you hunt!!!!
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

poormans2

hunting in indiana

Post by poormans2 »

what i don't understand is the kentucky hounds men club and where you are always asking for money . why is that so you guys can use that money for gas and trip's to come up to indiana and kill our rabblt's . so why don't you stay in your own state and kill your own rabbits .

Ronnyg

Post by Ronnyg »

I have no problem with guys coming in from out of state as long as they purchase a license and obey the laws and bag limits. Afterall their purchase of a license goes back into our outdoors. Honestly once my kids are grown hopefully I'll be able to afford to visit and hunt their states. Hell as a matter of a fact come on up boys we'll hunt together. :lol:
Hoosier Heartland Beagles

http://indybeaglerforum.freeforum.ca/

Eva's Beagles

Post by Eva's Beagles »

Wow, last I heard this was the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, land of the free. How many of you come up to Drummond Island, Michigan hunting? Do you see us complaining? I say welcome, please don't shoot them all, and I wish I could join you. Brian.
Eva's Beagles

MasonsBeagles

g

Post by MasonsBeagles »

First off I pay alot more to rabbit hunt the public lands than residence. $80/year now. It is public land. I go up there and definately do not hurt the population as I enjoy the races. I see a few KY trucks every now and then but I also see alot of Illinois tags too. The funny thing though is whenever I see a caravan of about 15+ hunting groups lined up along the roads or deer paths slaying everything they can it is usually Indiana tags. Last year there was a young man at the gas station Braggin about the 80+ rabbits his hunting group had killed that day he was drivin a Indiana licensed truck.

If it upsets anyone all I can say is Sorry, it is public land and I am a responsible hunter.
Please visit
http://www.LiveStockSeller.com NEW LIVESTOCK SITE. Totally Free Listings
http://www.NeededPrayers.com we have just relaunched.