hunting coyotes

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

ackerhunter4life

hunting coyotes

Post by ackerhunter4life »

hey what are some good methods for cyotie hunting....i am going here in a few weeks
brian ackerman

SilverZuk

Post by SilverZuk »

Lots of time in the woods and lots of tries.
It is best to find someone local to take you to learn tricks of the trade.

Wind direction is #1
Keep your back open because they will circle behind you to see what is killing that rabbit.

Read all you can read about it and get out there and squall every chance you get. It has been a slow pay off off sport for me.

Simmons

Post by Simmons »

Dont be affraid to use alot of cover sent... if they even think they smell u go ahead and pack up and leave. cause he did. also pick up a red lens for your light they are about 6 bucks at any sportsmans store.. best of luck
That Dog will Hunt!!!

Emery

Post by Emery »

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/

This site has everything you could possibly want to learn on any hunting subject.
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

danny vansickle

Post by danny vansickle »

i have always spotlighted them at night and killed them with a rifle,may not be leagal,but they are gettin thick,i like the video clip i watched on here a while back showed them usin dogs to run them down and hold them at bay,other than that,i have seen them hunt them on the outdoor channel by using a call tape and a decoy device that looked like a fur ball on a device that flipped a flopped around,seemed to work well.
DVS ink Kustom Tattoos and Body Piercings
"SOUTHERN OHIO'S ONLY ONE STOP TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS HEAD SHOP "
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

MasonsBeagles

g

Post by MasonsBeagles »

I went out once with a balloon. Squeeled it quite a few times and gut shot one within a half hour. I was in the back of my pickup truck and he came from the direction I drove in on.
Please visit
http://www.LiveStockSeller.com NEW LIVESTOCK SITE. Totally Free Listings
http://www.NeededPrayers.com we have just relaunched.

Joshua and Stephanie

Post by Joshua and Stephanie »

i just bought a "sreaming quiver rabbit" off of ebay should be here any day can"t wait to use it. I hope this will bring those coyotes in. josh lee

SilverZuk

Post by SilverZuk »

Any type decoy will draw their eyes.
Some people take a stuffed easter bunny rabbit, some use a turkey wing on a string, old hide etc.
The main thing is you want something other than you to hold focus of the eyes. They will still circle down wind to see what's going on.