Any suggestions Stud dogs

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

J&J

Any suggestions Stud dogs

Post by J&J »

Im looking for a proven producer that has great nose: line control : check work . I have bitch out of Branko's Lumberjack. Thanks

clousewt

Stud

Post by clousewt »

I know you have Branko blood, but you should consider getting a good Patch female and get her bred to Plowboy's Bossman, he is a very solid producing male.
IN GOD WE TRUST!!! Patch Power

bradadkins

Post by bradadkins »

what qualities does your female have? Before you look out...look in.
Adkins Bluegrass Beagles
That's How I Roll

ringtail

Post by ringtail »

just like brad said you need to find the quality traits you female has then find a stud with the same traits,,,,there are tons of stud dogs but do the have the traits you want to keep or double up on,,,
OUR SPORT IS MADE UP OF NEW HUNTERS,,,SO PLEASE TAKE A CHILD HUNTING!

J-N-M'S HIGHBRIER BLU RUKUS

bill (flint river )

Post by bill (flint river ) »

i like to compare qualitys, look at your female and be honest to your self, take her weekness and find a male bring qualitys that your female needs.

some of the best hounds i have ever seen were out crossed. so dont be scarred.

Incahoots

Post by Incahoots »

http://www.beaglescanada.com/FC%20Dirty ... Blacky.htm

He is excellent in the areas you mentioned plus he's got brians. Very solid well rounded and he's been reproducing it very well.
Our Dirty Pond Beagles "Heaven goes by favour. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in."
-M. Twain

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

Last edited by JUDE on Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

danny vansickle

Post by danny vansickle »

bradadkins wrote:what qualities does your female have? Before you look out...look in.
well said skywalker,find you a male that has the traits that will compliment your gyp,but i have always felt the best way to judge a stud dog is to look at his offspring,come to so. ohio,check out some regggie hounds,if that doesnt suit ya,ky has some fine hounds there to.

some of your best stud dogs are right here in oh and ky.
DVS ink Kustom Tattoos and Body Piercings
"SOUTHERN OHIO'S ONLY ONE STOP TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS HEAD SHOP "
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

bill (flint river )

also i would look in the location u hunt and live. because i have seen really nice southern males run the guts out of a rabbit on sod and look retarted on snow. didnt have enough noise.

J&J

Post by J&J »

My female has above average hunt and speed but average nose and line control; im wanting to add more nose an line control

danny vansickle

Post by danny vansickle »

J&J wrote:My female has above average hunt and speed but average nose and line control; im wanting to add more nose an line control

big nose and line control...........fc hills primetime trailblazer,blaze is out of fc brents primetime and fwr hills hardrockin wendy,wendy is off brankos hardrock,that should make a nice cross with your lumberjack female.

contact brandon hill......740-655-2082,or pm him,he goes by hills beagles
DVS ink Kustom Tattoos and Body Piercings
"SOUTHERN OHIO'S ONLY ONE STOP TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS HEAD SHOP "
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

bill (flint river )

J&J wrote:My female has above average hunt and speed but average nose and line control; im wanting to add more nose an line control

there's a male in MI with a out standing noise, he can run a rabbit when other cant.

kuhns kurby is the hounds name owned by tom kuhn.

FCshaws trail blazer skunk. ( with out a dout the badest 15 inch male i ever seen.)

nehi dutches she is out of brankos boonecreek trimmer and brankos big creek diamond.

top notch hound with more heart in his pinky then alot 15 inch males have in there whole body.

if interested PM me and i will give u tom number

tom also has FC monico's duece wild. duece is solid i mean solid.

Pike Ridge Beagles
Site Admin

Post by Pike Ridge Beagles »

Big nose with a tight mouth is hard to find but they are out there.
I know of a few. Another important consideration is brains - especially in the check and jump area. You should be looking for the entire package in a stud dog.

yellowdog

Post by yellowdog »

look in general services and take a look into brankos ringo star..harecharmer ringo crosses great with lumberjack bitches...he would add what you are lookin for...great nose foot and explosive out of the check...he has some young dogs out of him out there now kickin butt...go watch him run and take your bitch...he is in kentucky...he usually throws big males and 13 inch females from my experience...plus from the young hounds i own from him he throws his traits...
home of the tailess wonder ...
Glaserhollowbeagles. owners. Tracy & Bettina skiles 314-808-6291.Image

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

"(add nose and Line Control)"

Perkins Run N Gun Buzzsaw

I bred to him because of a trip gun hunting. His Nose when the other dogs couldnt even bark amazed me.These other dogs were some nice dogs also. We had saw the rabbit or I would have threw the Bullcrap flag. Ole Buzz can sure make a pack of hard hitting dogs look foolish. Go watch him for yourself.
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572