deer

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

ringtail

deer

Post by ringtail »

anybody in indiana seeing any deer,,,,,,,,the place we hunted in bow season we seen at least 12 bucks, now gun season is in we seen one,,,,has anybody ever heard of bucks traveling out of there territory to find does,,,if so do you think they come back or stay there,,,,,
OUR SPORT IS MADE UP OF NEW HUNTERS,,,SO PLEASE TAKE A CHILD HUNTING!

J-N-M'S HIGHBRIER BLU RUKUS

poormans

deer

Post by poormans »

From what ive heard from people around here, they are askin the same question. The full moon might have some to do with it these past few days. Have read that big mature deer will travel more during the midday adn right after dark too avoid danger.
Poormans Kennel
James Parker
Waynetown, IN
poormanskennel1@yahoo.com

warddog

Post by warddog »

My cousin and I have hunted morning and evening every day but Thanksgiving and saw one small 7 pointer several times but that is it. We haven't even seen many does and the ones we've seen were small and sticking around my house. I don't know what the deal has been but the deer hunting on my 106 acres has been lousey the past 3 years. I know deer were here as I'm right across the road from Shakamak State Park but we sure haven't seen as many as we used to.

Greg H

Post by Greg H »

Kinda makes ya wonder where they all go, don't it? Same thing here in the northern part of the state. Lots of bucks duing bow season but once the guns started going off they all just disapeared. Like poormans said, they have changed their pattern. We are having a heck of a time patterning them.

Had a old timer tell me once that when this happens you should look for them in small clearings on top of a hill in the middle of the day. Good luck gettin to one without jumpin it.

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

it was the same way in wv where i hunt buck sign everywhere bushes torn to shreds but i didnt see the first buck n hunted 3 days from daylight till dark the weather was real warm they just wasnt moving guess they didnt have to move much as you could shovel the acorns up about everywhere ya went they probally just stand up n eat their gut full n lay back down ill try it again later in the week jb
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

ackerhunter4life

umm..

Post by ackerhunter4life »

well if you had a youth season (gun) b4 regular gun law usually the bucks or does will not be out very much because they know what is going on during the end of youth till the end of regular gun law they will just move at night there still there but there just bedded down waiting for night to fall
brian ackerman

MIKE

DEER

Post by MIKE »

RING, I THINK ACKERHUNTER IS RIGHT. I SPENT 4 HOURS IN THE WOODS THIS MORNING & SAW NOTHING. I STEPPED OUT OF THE BARN TONIGHT & 4 BIG DOES WERE 10 FOOT OUT OF THE YARD IN A FIELD, I THINK THEY ARE TRAVELING AT NIGHT ALSO, AT LEAST IN SWITZERLAND COUNTY.
MIKE

ringtail

Post by ringtail »

finally seen 3 tonight, 2 does and a pretty nice buck he was checking a scrape line,,
OUR SPORT IS MADE UP OF NEW HUNTERS,,,SO PLEASE TAKE A CHILD HUNTING!

J-N-M'S HIGHBRIER BLU RUKUS