Dog Food Price

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Drop_tine

Dog Food Price

Post by Drop_tine »

When I started feeding Pride 26/18 sometime during the spring it was $15.25. Went up sometime in July or August to $16. Think it was $17.85 yesterday.

Can't take to many more hits :roll:

JUDE

Re: Dog Food Price

Post by JUDE »

Drop_tine wrote:When I started feeding Pride 26/18 sometime during the spring it was $15.25. Went up sometime in July or August to $16. Think it was $17.85 yesterday.

Don't even get me started :angryfire: I went to Wally World last night about a 30 min drive . I bought one 55 LB Purina Dog Chow got 5 ""free"" pounds and one 37.5 LB bag of Purina Puppy Chow cost approx. $40.00
I went with the intentions of treating my adults to some Purina One Lamb & Rice until I seen it had raised to over $28.00 for a 37.5 LB before tax :shock: .

I plan to cut back on hounds before I sacrifice QUALITY :( .

Buddy
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

sammiller03

Post by sammiller03 »

I got pride yesterday for the same price A good thing never lasts. Its still not unreasonable but I always hate spending more money.

FetchingPixels

Post by FetchingPixels »

Well I hope my dog food don't go up, I already pay 40$ for 40 pounds. I have to find something cheaper..
Don’t count the days, make the days count.

catfish hunter

Re: Dog Food Price

Post by catfish hunter »

JUDE wrote:
Drop_tine wrote:When I started feeding Pride 26/18 sometime during the spring it was $15.25. Went up sometime in July or August to $16. Think it was $17.85 yesterday.

Don't even get me started :angryfire: I went to Wally World last night about a 30 min drive . I bought one 55 LB Purina Dog Chow got 5 ""free"" pounds and one 37.5 LB bag of Purina Puppy Chow cost approx. $40.00
I went with the intentions of treating my adults to some Purina One Lamb & Rice until I seen it had raised to over $28.00 for a 37.5 LB before tax :shock: .

I plan to cut back on hounds before I sacrifice QUALITY :( .

Buddy
we have a price club by us and purina was 16 bucks for the 55 lb bag of purina

beagler282

Post by beagler282 »

Sportmix 24/20 $15.50 for 50lb bag.Buy 10 bags get 1 free.Fed Black Gold for 7 years and had to switch cause of the price. Nothing lasts forever.

beagle crazy

Post by beagle crazy »

$17.58 at the feed store for Purina Hi-Pro 50#. I did feed Purina Lamb & Rice when I only had a few dogs, put with a whole kennel full I had to switch to something cheaper.

jlboomer

Post by jlboomer »

was feeding river run some of the best feed id feed was paying $19 a bag in bulk and it went up switched back to purina. Hey jude come see me in corbin ky walmart my dog chow is $16.14 a bag and my one is $24.79 and are you a part of the pro club between that and my discounts the price isn't hurtin me to bad.
J&M Beagles, Breeding for a true gundog and hunting partner

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

jlboomer wrote:was feeding river run some of the best feed id feed was paying $19 a bag in bulk and it went up switched back to purina. Hey jude come see me in corbin ky walmart my dog chow is $16.14 a bag and my one is $24.79 and are you a part of the pro club between that and my discounts the price isn't hurtin me to bad.
Wow I wonder why our "local" Wal-Mart can't do that :???: .

jlboomer

Post by jlboomer »

because they want get off there buts and try and comp it with someone else. Im a dog person have been around beagles sence i was nine years old i work hard for the money and want the most bang for my buck and thats how i run my business prices might go up but i will guarantee that ill be the lowest price in town.
J&M Beagles, Breeding for a true gundog and hunting partner

coolbrze

Post by coolbrze »

juse - costco has the same bag as wally world for a few $ cheaper, extra 5 lbs. makes it 55 lbs.

i still pay $16 for a 50 lb. Black Gold 26/18 and can't complain, yet.
Playboy Kennels - Got rabbit? ~ (703) 989-4079 ~ PlayboyKennels@gmail.com

Home of FC OTIS' BIG JOHN

Past home of FC DEATON'S BO & FC DEVIL'S HOLE HONEY BEE

catfish hunter

Post by catfish hunter »

why cant I find black gold around me ,I asked feed shops and they never herd of it .

beagler282

Post by beagler282 »

They raised the price of Black Gold to $19.90 a bag here.I always paid $16 a bag for years.When you feed a Ton of feed in a year it adds up! :shock:

scootersjill

Post by scootersjill »

if youre gonna feed purina hi pro or dog chow go to sams but they dont
sell puppy chow. last i got was about 30cents different in pro and chow
around 16.60 to 16.90 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :-o :-o

Windkist

Post by Windkist »

One thing to remember is ingredients. If you are feeding a dog food that the first few ingredients are grains (corn, soy) then most of its not being digested and just comes out the other end so, less absorbtion of nutrition. A higher quality food that may cost a bit more is benificial to the dog and wallet as you don't have to feed as much. I have been using Exceed from sams for a lot of years. its about 22.00 for 50lbs but, 1 1/2 cups per day per dog is plenty to keep them in fit condition. I started using the chicken based food but, have been using the lamb as my dogs were a bit fat on the higher protein. So, read your feed bag and see whats in there. If you have a LOT of cleanup and a your feeding a lot of dog food then consider a change. The kirkland brand at costco is also really good.

Leah
Life's a trip
but it doesn't come with a map