Puppy Mill or what

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

spado

Puppy Mill or what

Post by spado »

Does this look like a puppy mill to you guys?
http://www.iowabeagles.com/index.php

rnbrunton

Post by rnbrunton »

hell yes
Red AKC Gundogs Just one more chase.RNB Eastview Tomahawk Chief 1996-2006

TC

Post by TC »

We use APRI as our registry for our puppies. We have found them to be the most responsive registry we have dealt with and very respectful of the breeder's needs along with registration of the puppy to the new owner's name.
This right here about says it all!!!!
if you Cannot register with ANYBODY else you can always get a APRI registration
They will register ANYTHING as long as it looks like a Dog!!!
That and having 12 or more litters in ONE MO should tell ya something!!!!!!
Had one of ours Show up as a APRI registered Dog one time they were selling the pups as CH Bloodlines using the pups pedigree even though we sold the pup with NO papers they were still able to use the bloodlines to sell the pups.they were breeding the bitch at 11 mo old. really got us to thinkin about the spay or nueter contract on no paper pups.
just goes to show what some will do to make a buck :roll:
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

marr24

Post by marr24 »

With at least 9 litters on the ground right now-most definitely! And what the heck are "golden" beagles?? Some people are so ignorant.

hawkeyee

Post by hawkeyee »

Its not a puppy mill its a puppy KILL!!!!
The answering machine has a nice little kids voice to sucker you in make you think they are all good yeah right!!!!

green river

Post by green river »

If my count was right, it looks like 57 for sale :shock:

Honey Pot Hounds

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

Puggles and Boogles...not good.
But Live and Let Live. The beagle pups are pretty cute and he is doing his worming, shots and health certificates, so he says....fighting them only backfires onto us backyard breeders everywhere.
With all the anti-breeding legislation going on I say worry about whats in your own backyard first.

JMHO
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

Honey Pot Hounds wrote:Puggles and Boogles...not good.
But Live and Let Live. The beagle pups are pretty cute and he is doing his worming, shots and health certificates, so he says....fighting them only backfires onto us backyard breeders everywhere.
With all the anti-breeding legislation going on I say worry about whats in your own backyard first.

JMHO
:nod:

Windkist

Post by Windkist »

Honey Pot Hounds wrote:Puggles and Boogles...not good.

JMHO
I have to agree! Even though most of us are repulsed by such a website where someone has 9 litters and 50-something puppies for sale this is america and its legal to do what they are doing. I know that I can barely stand the 6 puppies I have here right now (stinky) so, 50 of them would drive me insane. If they have employees its probably not so bad and most likely they are USDA inspected. Again.. I really don't agree with it but, if we make it illegal to raise dogs it will soon bite us in the A**!! I think our job is to educate the public as much as possible about where they should go for a dog.

Leah
Life's a trip
but it doesn't come with a map

Honey Pot Hounds

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

And who here wants the laws so strict that they are getting surprise kennel inspection and records visits at 8am any day of the year because they breed 15 puppies in a year or because a disgruntled neighbor called "the powers that be" on them? :hammer: :roll:
I clean and clean and clean all day but it only takes a couple hours (sometimes less) for my puppies to make me look like a real slacker and I have some days when I feel so ugly and tired that I don't answer the door for the cute UPS man whose dimples usually make my day ;) ....I surely wouldn't want to have to drag out all my records and try to make a good first impression on a morning like that! :blackeye:
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

spado

Post by spado »

Who's talking about fighting them? All I'm doing is showing people that these puppy mills really exist. They are asking $150 - $350 a pup. I have a hard time getting $150 for AKC papered pups, and I usually only have one to two litters a year. I'm just saying places like this hurt the rest of us and the beagle breed.

Farwest

Post by Farwest »

Yes, lets make puppy mills OK because Honey Pot Hounds doesn't like to do her make up in the morning :roll: There is definitely a fine line on dealing with these issues but....... :lol:

Windkist

Post by Windkist »

spado wrote:Who's talking about fighting them? All I'm doing is showing people that these puppy mills really exist. They are asking $150 - $350 a pup. I have a hard time getting $150 for AKC papered pups, and I usually only have one to two litters a year. I'm just saying places like this hurt the rest of us and the beagle breed.
These places aren't new! They've been around forever! The internet just brings them out for us to see. If you can't get 350.00 for a puppy perhaps you should ask that much for them. If we valued our puppies a little more then those buying them might be willing to pay. Do the puppies on the puppymill site really affect you? Are you selling pets? I have no trouble selling pets for 500.00 and up usually UP!

Again.. education is the key!! You'd think people looking at that site would realize that its not the best place to get a good dog.

Leah
Life's a trip
but it doesn't come with a map

FetchingPixels

Post by FetchingPixels »

With all the education, information out there about puppy mills. It's no wonder people don't stop and take a little bit of time to educate themselves on it. I mean when the younger population, sees Britney Spears walk in and pay 3000 for a ridiculous thing called and apple head chiuwawa (No idea how to spell that) lol. They think pet stores are okay.

I can tell that's a puppy mill basically by the mixed 'designer' breeds.
Don’t count the days, make the days count.

APFII

Post by APFII »

Funny thing. Seems like the show kennels will stand up for the rights of puppy mills but will bad mouth a field trial kennel because one person makes an acusation. :roll: