spicer's blue back

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

jonnyringo

Re: B;UEBACK

Post by jonnyringo »

beagler111 wrote:FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN YOU GUYS HIT IT ON THE HEAD. WE HAVE A MALE DIRECTLY OUT OF BLUEBACK. HE IS 9 YEARS OLD. HE STILL HUNTS AS HARD AS ANY DOG YOU HAVE EVER SEEN. GREAT CHECK DOG, CAN REALLY KEEP A RABBITT GOING.
WE HAVE DAUGHTER AND GRAND PUPS. THEY ARE ALL HARD HEADED AND HARD GOING. BUT WOULD RATHER HAVE A DOG I AM MAD AT ONCE IN A WHILE THAT DON'T WANT TO COME IN AS ONE THAT WON'T HUNT OR GET IN THE BRUSH. SOMEONE ELSE SAID IT BEST WHEN THEY SAID THE LONGER THE CHECK THE BETTER FOR A BLUEBACK DOG TO PICK IT UP. AS FAR AS ENDURANCE THEY HAVE NO QUIT 9 DEGREES OR 90 DEGREES. WE REALLYT LIKE THAT LINE.
Please post a pic of him.
Thanks.
"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."

SilverZuk

Post by SilverZuk »

Here is some info that I posted in the "searching for information" section about a hound out of Spicer's Blueback.
It was my first post on this board.

Sound familiar?
SilverZuk wrote:Odells Turnback Joe is out of Spicer's Blueback.

Joe is live and well at 9 years old (I am pretty sure that is his age). He placed in the WV state hunt in the champion class this year. I have hunted with him and trialed him.

If you want to know more about him, his pedigree, how he runs, strong points, and faults. Let me know.

He is a thick framed hound, solid built good running gear. He has good speed, but not a wind splitter. He is smooth running on a line. He has a great nose and uses his mouth just right in my opinion (not tight and not loose). He handles great. His personality/temperment is laid back, but is food agressive in the kennel.

He is a good hound that has thrown a lot of good pups with a lot of the same traits.

Duke

Post by Duke »

Siver Zuk is that hound still alive? Are you still breeding Blueback Hounds?

SilverZuk

Post by SilverZuk »

Yes, Odells Turnback Joe is still alive and prolific in our area.

I can give you the contact information of the current owner, he lives across the street from me.
The same guy also bought the Hammer dog from Jay Johnson, which is the son of joe but looks like a twin.
I have a grandson of Joe that pulled a lot of traits from him, except he is bluetick.

Let me know if you want to talk to the owner.
There are a lot of "Joe Dogs" in our area. Many are easy to spot because they have the "Joe Head".

Schag

Post by Schag »

Thought I would post my blueback hound's picture. This was a few years ago. Here is a picture of Bandit.

[img][img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/S ... hy23-1.jpg[/img][/img][img][img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/Schag/G.gif[/img][/img]

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

Schag,

Whats the dogs dam?
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

Schag

Post by Schag »

Sanfordssj,

The dam's name is Maddog's Roxy.

jumpmaster

re

Post by jumpmaster »

The pic. of shags hound, is typical of this line of hounds, most dogs talked about on this post have that blue ticking up their front, and black backed, with that run all day build. Of course there are tricolors, and blueticks also, but a lot look just like these.

SilverZuk

Post by SilverZuk »

Here is a dog that has Spicers Blue Back in his pedigree.
He is fourth generation. I have been told by others that he pulls a lot of traits from Blueback through Odells Turnback Joe.

Duke

Post by Duke »

Blueback really through some strong trailts. Just the color alone of the hounds shows that. Shag your hound looks like it could be a littermate to sevedral of my hounds. Most Blueback hounds are Black & Tan with redtick legs and sometimes a little bluetick on the chest or neck.

jonnyringo

?

Post by jonnyringo »

Does anybody know approximately how many pups Blueback sired?
"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."

Catfish

Post by Catfish »

I don't know how many pups that Blue Back thru. But a Friend of mine, has a dog that is a Grand son of Blue Back, That just made Rabbit Champion today. This dog is name Piston, and the owner's name is Raymond Tissue. The dog is only 18 months old and has only been in 7 trails.

He is going to wait until Spring to trail him again, he just wants the dog to be a little older, to run him in the Champion class. I have 3, 8 week old pups that are line breed Blue Back, The pups mother is out of Laurel MT. Blue Streak, and the Father of the pups is out of Skyview Blue Bell. Both of those dogs are pups from Blue Back.

Catfish:
The best music is a pack of hounds pounding a rabbit track
R.ch Bad News Hunter
R.I.P. R.ch Haywood's come Back Kid
R.I.P Gr. R. Ch. Haywood's Precious Lady Garlick

swamp boy

Post by swamp boy »

I have a 14 month old grandson of Blueback. I was told he is out of Halfback. Does anyone have any information on Halfback? He for sure has the heart, hunt, and drive of the Blueback line.

-----------------------------------------------------
Run them rabbits till they lock up!

danny vansickle

Post by danny vansickle »

is that the same joe dog that dewees had at the wv state hunt this year?he was tied up by the tree with the hillbilly kennels sign on it.same dog?

SilverZuk

Post by SilverZuk »

Danny,
Yes, that was Odells Turnback Joe.
Deweese also has "Hammer" which is out of Turnback Joe that looks and runs a lot like Joe.

The bluetick in the picture is my dog.