All white beagles?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

jksoper1

All white beagles?

Post by jksoper1 »

Does any one know about the white beagles that Glen Johnston raises in Ill.?

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

I've been to johnston's beagle farm. Man that guys has about 100 beagles maybe even more. I did see the all white beagles that he had. I don't know how they run. That was the first time I ever seen one. I don't know how that man keeps track of all those dogs. Like how old they are or what papers belong to what dog and who there parents are. That is why I didn't buy from him.

Steve Preston

Post by Steve Preston »

I've been to Glen's place many times when I was hauling dogs. The first time I saw the white Beagles I was a little in awe. The more I looked at them the more they hurt my eyes. lol Glen is retired and treats his beagling like a job. He probably has a 100 dogs at any given time but he puts the time into them.Probably 6:00AM to dark dailey. Giving shots,running dogs,wormimg ect...He favors a SPO type of dog and knows a good dog when he sees one.Glen is A-1 in my book.
I don't know shizz about dogs.

Chuck Terry

Post by Chuck Terry »

I have only seen one solid white and it was a pup. I always wondered if it stayed white or became "motley" when it got older. I have always heard that solid white dogs have a predisposition to loss of hearing/deafness regardless of breed (bulldogs and other breeds too?). Not sure if that is true or not.

mud

Post by mud »

A few years back me and a buddy took a trip from Ky to Glen's.Never seen so many dogs.My buddy bought 2 dogs from him.I could never get together with him on the price.My buddies dogs turned out to be deerrunners.I am glad I saved my moneyLOL He has way 2 many dogs to know what is going on with them in my opinion.Getting back on track.That was the one and only time I ever saw all white beagles

HatterasBob

Post by HatterasBob »

There may be issues with registering an all white beagle in some registries. I remember a discussion a few years back about (I think ARHA) beagles had to be tri-colored. Can someone else help here?

db215

Post by db215 »

HatterasBob,
No, it's not ARHA beagles that have to be tri-colored, I have ARHA beagles that are blue-ticked, almost all white with blue ticks, black & tans and tri-colored also have had lemon and white. All of mine are AKC too so I'm not sure which registries they have to be tri-colored.
Let's go run them!!!

crewchf

Post by crewchf »

The AKC says any true hound color,,, now thats wide open for sure!!!!

Crew Chief

PS Don't believe I would Hare hunt with a white one!!!!!!!!!!!

mc2you

Post by mc2you »

Crewchief
I was at CC Warren? near Lance MI long ago and he lifted up a hound dog and after he dusted him off it was a white hare hound--Lakeside Snowflake. But we ran in the summer so he stood out in the spruce ok.

Magoo

HatterasBob

Post by HatterasBob »

It must be UKC then.

Huntin54

Post by Huntin54 »

I don't think UKC is the registry. I saw a kennel full of patch dogs that were true lemon and white's and they were UKC registered.

Isn't there a section that says other on the registration form for AKC???

MikeSmithWV

Post by MikeSmithWV »

5 or 6 years ago, Larry O. Harrison had an all white female that he trialed in the ARHA. She was also AKC registered. I think her name was Frosty Lady. I'm not sure if she made champion, but I do remember her winning a cast. She was New City Cruiser bred.
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

TC

Post by TC »

Any True hound Color!!!!
Now this is where the debate comes in is WHITE a true hound Color????
Ever seen a White! black and tan. or a White bloodhound or a white Foxhound Ect. Most people that register a white beagle or any White hound usually put in another color Such as Tan or lemon to get them registered as most Do HAVE other colors also Ever Seen an All BLACk one... ... just to be on the safe side Ask to see the registration papers
As far as a registry Resticting color All of em say the same AKC,UKC,NKC
ANY TRUE HOUND COLOR...
Now Is WHITE a TRUE hound Color?
http://clubs.akc.org/NBC/beagle_colors.htm
The only Exclusion i could See would be liver!
And Yes there is a Checkbox For White. and one for Black on the AKC site!!!
http://www.akc.org/registration/colormarkings.cfm
Very Interesting I have never Seen an ALL White or an All Black beagle.
I would Love to see some pics of em...
Do they have Black or Liver or brown eyes and noses?
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

jonnyringo

Post by jonnyringo »

I just sold a Branko pup (male) to a guy in KY. that had one brown eye and one solid blue eye just like an Alaskan Malumute dog. It was awesome looking. I have a pic of him.
"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."

Beagle Huntsman

Post by Beagle Huntsman »

I've seen whole packs of white foxhounds. And some of the English pack beagles are white or very close with just a lemon spot or two. In England and Wales, people like the white color because they can be seen at a distance against the brown heather or green fields.