Talked about Crossville run!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

jeff lee

Post by jeff lee »

Boys after rereading my post "a few post up from here" when I was talking about the dogs I have ran with I did not mean that I had ran with some of these dogs first hand just with dogs with these blood lines up close sorry for any confusion hopefully the post right above this will explain what I meant.

Again I am sorry if this came across wrong.

Jeff

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

it's good to hear what most of you have said about your hounds speed which i know after all this it's hard to be honest with each other,but the jury is still out on ol chesters speed done heard to much about him or his master expects to much of a hound, but don't get me wrong we all want them to be better so it sounds like a pretty even race and it's not about speed to me and to any other beagler out there, which a solid smooth running hound with excellent confirmation is what we all like in our hounds or we wouldn't be feeding them, so speed is not a factor in this race it's about best hound in all areas of the field of hunting bunnies, which one has the hole package in the field.
now don't take this the wrong way but i have owned a few line stradlers or what i call tick tocks and personally i don't prefer this type of hound with the bunny 200 yrds ahead of the hound, which might be ok for some but it's not what i like to run in my kennel, so i no longer have one sense the last 8 yrs. but this is hunter preferance only, to each is own.
Now the jury is out on bopeye speed to, cause i have seen him with the boss chasing him with stick in hand and i know he moves pretty good foot speed unless there is a special on KFC buffet then he picks the pace up alittle. :lol: :lol:
Now to answers you BJ i have to say my Major hound is a 6.5 to high end 7. he has great line control w/ the ability to gear up and down if need be. he doesn't let a pack pull him off track and seems to be a very competitive hound when running with a pack and gets better the longer he runs. his mouth is solid and anyone who has hunted over him will tell ya the same, there is no loose tung from him, i have been told by everyone that has run or gunned over him he is a very solid hound in the field. so when ya hear that big bawl mouth ring out ya better know there is a bunny there for sure. he is 3 yrs old this month 14 1/2" tall.
My katie hound she has good gears also, her speed is 6.5 to 7.5 with good line control, but will swing alittle looser than i like to see but not really bad though on the checks, but has the brains to work it quick and recover the rabitt, she explodes out of the check which i think is her strongest point although she has never been judged in a trail on this ability just from what i see and others have told me, which makes her deadly on calling out the checks on the track. she has run trash in her younger days but thanks to mister tri- tronics she has to learned her ways as preacher said. :lol: she will be 3 next month she to is 14 1/2" hound.
now i could go on to the others but i will save them for the next run besides i need to let others get on here and grade there hounds.lol
it's good to hear what each of you have to say about your hounds and thanks for your input on this poll.
NEXT...............................
Donnie Gibson/Gibson Plateau Kennel
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

Bopeye

Post by Bopeye »

I have printed these pages off. That way when they come blowing by me in hot pursuit I can have a better idea on what folks call 5,6,7 and so on.
Will be interesting. :)

Just hope none of those critters get in my coke. ;)
Coyote problems? Can't fix it with western tactics. Here ya go. http://www.easterncoyotes.com/
You can find me and other Prostaff here. http://www.easterncoyotes.com/prostaff

acesdog

Post by acesdog »

ok the truth about mine are buck is about 18 months old crystal is about 14 months old and abbie is about 15 months old and i dont know how to rate the speed on a scale they just move the rabbit. but i will say they can out run bopeye. good luck to all that show up to this run.

did talk to plowboy he think mine can stay with his.

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

if all works out and we run after August i may have a surprise apperance of a proven finshed trialed hound there, but not just a trial hound but gunned over one to, just to drop down to watch how a hound really works.

No names until the day of the run but when he comes out of the dog box i'm sure alot will know him, if you go to trials or you are upto date on your beagle Magazines.

So there will be a feature attraction and any is welcome to run with him after the 1st heats are over.
So be there or miss out cause this for sure will tell us what it takes to be a winner from all of our hounds???????????????

Don't miss out now???????????
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

MIKE

Post by MIKE »

WELL BOYS, BOPEYE PROMISED ME A CUP OF COFFEE IF I GOT TO TENN.
SO I WAS THINKING OF COMMING DOWN TO LIE TO YOU GUYS BUT I CAN SEE I'M OUTCLASSED. DONNIE (plateau beagler) I WANT YOU TO KNOW I'M NOT HEN PECKED, I'M BOSS AT MY HOUSE & I HAVE MY WIFE'S PERMISSION TO SAY SO. WISHING YOU A BLESSED DAY.
MIKE

Pine Mt Beagles

CCROSSVILLE TENN RUN

Post by Pine Mt Beagles »

HILLBILLY
I WAS RUNNING WITH A GUY,I HAD,, BUSTER,, OUT,HE SAID THAT DOG IS FAST,I SAID HE IS NOT THAT FAST HE JUST DON'T MISS MUCH OF THE TRACK ,,HE SAID WHAT DO YOU CALL A,, FAST,, DOG ,I SAID IF HE CAN GO FROM,DAYLIGHT TO DARK,IN ONE HOUR AND A HALF,HE IS FAST,,

KEEP'EM RUNNING
PINE MT BEAGLES

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

now Mike i wasn't pointing fingers just tring to help the needie.LOL
So if u say thats how it is i believe ya. just keep putting your foot down :lol: :lol:
Mike i'm a ferm believer in the man running the roost after what my sense past Pa had a talk with me after i got married.

I was visiting him one evening as every evning when one day my new wife called me and told me to get home cause supper was on the table, which i said i'd be right there and hung up the phone.

After a long look at me from Pa he ask me what the heck i was doing, and i said i had to get home to eat and he told me that's how it all starts and i better do like he did with Ma right off the bat and put my foot down or she would be leading me around like a beagle on a leash. I ask him what he done and he told me Ma tried that with him and he set the record straight right from the get go.

He would do what he wanted when he wanted and she better learn to like it. I ask if it work and he said even though she got upset and didn't see her for about 2 wks then finally it worked out. Now i was pretty shocked and said ya didn't see Ma 4 2wks? What happen?Ahhh he said after about 2wks my right eye started to open where i could see her again. :lol: :lol: You have a blessed day also.

Pine Mt now thats a gooden there now,i can't say i ever heard that one before.

If ya'll don't mine when ya come down to run i'm gonna right all these goodens down so i can use them someday.

I hope all you dads had a great fathers day.
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

Pine Mt Beagles

CCROSSVILLE TENN RUN

PLATEAU KENNEL
I HAVE ONLY SEEN ONE THAT FAST .BEEN LOOKING FOR IT EVER SINCE..
I HEAR ' HILL BILLY '.IN GEORGIA MIGHT HAVE ANOTHER ONE.BUT YOU CAN'T TELL ABOUT HIM. :lol:

KEEP'EM RUNNING
PINE MT BEAGLES

If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered

PREACHERS KENNEL

r67ol

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

ole hillbilly aint got no power all he has is brace dogs pine mtn.we he had to come aginst the power of patch well i just wont say cause i really like ole hilly!
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

Pine Mt Beagles

CCROSSVILLE TENN RUN

PREACHER
I UNDERSTAND TOTALLY,,EVERY TIME I LET HILLBILLY HAVE A DOG,,AFTER ABOUT A MONTH .SOMETHING HAPPENS TO IT ,I JUST DON'T KNOW,, MUST BE IN THE WATER HE GIVES THEM. :lol: I NEED TO GET THE GOOD ONE BACK SO I CAN RETRAIN IT,BEFORE IT'S TO LATE. :lol:
KEEP'EM RUNNING
PINE MT BEAGLES

PREACHERS KENNEL

ftj

lol.pine ,, i aint seen the new one yet. was hopeing for a rise outta hilly but he has his mind on other things right now i guess!

hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

power of patch.... :shock: i guess when you become acquainted with ole DD the word power may have a totally different meaning to ya preacher.....she runs the line like a brace dog but just a little ;) more stepie..........but heck she is just an ole pine mt. cule but after all i kinda like all the pine mt. cule's i have ran for the last 20 yrs.......and in seriousness ole rufus has some of the dogs with the biggest brains and the most desire that i have ever seen and i think that is a winning combo that you can't pickup at the local Mc.d's...... and i also like to eat at places where they have to put a little more thought in what they are cooking up....... if you get the picture ;)
As you have the opportunity, do good to all men, especially those of the household of faith.

PREACHERS KENNEL

cghm

i got a short in my tube hilly what ya saying lol!picture just aint coming thru lol!

PREACHERS KENNEL

68op

besides hilly i dont think ole pine mtn has any power any how after the whooping my dogs put on urs while back i'd say pine mtn dogs r slow with not much hunt!