Purina ONE & Purina Pro Club ?'s

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Beagled1

Purina ONE & Purina Pro Club ?'s

Post by Beagled1 »

Is anyone feeding Purina ONE? I just started using it at the end of September and I'm very happy with it so far. Its about $10 cheaper than what I was feeding before and the Beagles are doing so much better. Not to mention I'm already feeding less. Very nice glossy coats and great energy even in my retired hound. Sometimes to I fed foods taht started off like this then failed me miserably in the long run. I'm hoping this isn;t going to be one of them so can I ask if anyone has ever fed this food (or Pro Plan which is pretty similar) and how did you like it?
I'm also thinking of doing the Purina Pro Club since I have 5 dogs, just bred my first litter, and will probably be keeping one or two of the pups. For any members of the Pro Club - how does it work and does it save you $$$
Thanks!

DOGRUNNER

Post by DOGRUNNER »

Yes i feed purina and am in the club all you do is send in the weight circles and after you get a certain amonut they will sent you 10 7.00 checks that you can use to buy more food. I love it i only pay 7.94 for a bag of hi pro ot reg purina.

Gregg
http://bb_beaglesnlabs.expage.com/index.html

Buglecall

Post by Buglecall »

I also feed Purina and am a member of the Pro Club. The checks that you earn really save money. All of my dogs do great on it. If you find that the energy is lacking, maybe mix in some of the Hi-Pro. In my opinion though, Purina One is great. Pro Plan is a little pricey.
Bugle Call Kennels

bobby brewster

Post by bobby brewster »

i also feed purina one and proplan.i feed 15+hounds it takes me 18-20 months to get enough to send in and get 70 $7.00 rebet checks.they last me about 9 months.they help out alot with the dog food bill.i love the purina one brand but wished they would make a higher protein/fat like 30/20 for the colder winter/hunting season.the proplan adult small breed is one dogfood that is hard to beat in my book i feed it with the purina one adult lamd and rice in the winter months it is 29/17 but it is 17.00 for a 20lb bag but with the rebate check and coupons for sunday papers and form coupons out of the bags it cuts the cost down some.proplan is a little pricey but i look for deals on it like busted bags and bags getting close to being out of date they will cut off 3.00 or so for busted bags and half off of the close to out of date.ill feed it as long as they keep the rebate/pro club going.talk to you all later.

Peterman

Post by Peterman »

Pro Club is great! Not only can you purchase food coupons you can also purchase vet checks that can go towards your vet bill! They also have items like hats, coats, gift cards and many other things you can redeem your points for! Very easy and simple!!!! I highly recommend it!
B. Peterman

Huntin54

Post by Huntin54 »

i just started purina one and i don't feed as much as i used to with diamond and my dogs have alot more energy.

ringtail

Post by ringtail »

hunting 54,,,,,,,is your dog looking like he is gaining weight,,,,,,,,just curious,,,,,,,,,,

Chain Gang

Post by Chain Gang »

If your going to feed purina one, why not get Exceed from Sams for $20.76 for a 44lb. bag. Check the ingredients and %, exactly the same. I started feeding it about 3 years ago and would not think about feeding anything else. The same rebate system applies but no club. Just food for thought.

Huntin54

Post by Huntin54 »

ringtail wrote:hunting 54,,,,,,,is your dog looking like he is gaining weight,,,,,,,,just curious,,,,,,,,,,
yeah he is gaining slowly. But he hasn't eaten for 3 days i think im gona have to take him to the vet.