Anyone near Ironwood Michigan know.... (Dean Carli)

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Chris

Anyone near Ironwood Michigan know.... (Dean Carli)

Post by Chris »

Anyone near Ironwood Michigan know if a prominent beagler died or had a car accident or something?

A couple of weeks ago I sent a pretty considerable sum of money to a nice enough fellow, for a dog. The check has since cleared and the dog was supposed to ship Thursday (day after tomorrow). I've left 8 or 9 phone messages over the past week or so and have yet to get a call back. Have no idea what's going on and Thursday is coming fast. I hate to assume the worst, but... if this guy was closer I'd be making the drive to the house to find out what the story is.

I don't want to post all the details here, but if anyone in that area knows of anything that happened or wouldn't mind finding out for me, I'd appreciate a private message or e-mail. I'm planning a special overnight trip to get to the airport to pick up this dog and would hate to do all that driving for nothing.

Thanks for any help.
Last edited by Chris on Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris

www.MillerOutdoors.com
www.Facebook.com/milleroutdoors1
www.YouTube.com/c/MillerOutdoors1
Instagram @milleroutdoors1
Twitter @milleroutdoors

tonys

Post by tonys »

WHAT IS HIS NAME?

Chris

Post by Chris »

In case it's something simple which he had no control over or something else happened I don't want to potentially hurt his reputation. Yet. If it turns out to be carelessness or worse, everyone will find out.

For now, I'll tell you via. private message.
Chris

www.MillerOutdoors.com
Twitter @milleroutdoors

Chris

Post by Chris »

I finally got in touch with the guy this afternoon. I got the flight info., so we'll see how it goes. Should it turn out poorly I'll be sure to pass on all the details.
Chris

www.MillerOutdoors.com
Twitter @milleroutdoors

BuschBound

Post by BuschBound »

whats the breeding on the dog your getting?

Cottontail Chaser

Post by Cottontail Chaser »

His initials aren't D.C. by chance???

Hare Hunter

Post by Hare Hunter »

Live and let learn my Dad always said. D.C. is correct. Hare
Earl Holbrook

Cottontail Chaser

Post by Cottontail Chaser »

Yeah I was told about that guy 15 years ago by someone who was dealt a poor dog for alot of money... Never was refunded any money he said... Sorry but that man had it been me would have been culled from doing it again with interest.. :twisted:

Emery

Post by Emery »

As far as I know, Chris has his hound. He just had some trouble getting in touch with him and got nervous. Now, let's drop this before it gets out of hand again. Once Chris finds out if he has a good dog or not, then it would be time to open it up again.

Emery
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

Chris

Post by Chris »

Update on this dog story: After the whole fiasco about 9 phone calles and messages not returned, I finally get in touch with the guy by calling him at 5am and got lucky that his wife answered the phone - I insisted that his wife get him out of bed and put him on the phone. So, I rattle his cage and the following day I get flight details and he tells me he's mailing AKC papers same day. I pick up the dog from the airport a few days later and everything's fine. 2 weeks go by and no papers. I make a phone call. He gives excuses and I finally get the papers after 3 weeks of having her.

So, in the meantime I've run her a few times. The second time I take her out she ends up following a truck that had come down the road for about a mile and a half. Seemed strange to me, but the driver saw her in the rear view mirror and brought her back. Never seen a dog do that before. Anyhow, a few more days in the kennel and I figure I'd try her again.

What a piece of crap she is. :lol: Seriously, she runs make believe rabbits and chases trucks. She can run a rabbit half decent, but when they're not running she barks here and there on nothing, all throughout the day. Picture THIS: The other day I had her out for her 5th or 6th time and we're standing in a dirt logging road and a pickup truck goes by. About a half minute later she comes out of the woods, hits the road, throws her head in the air and starts hammering, right up the center line - out of sight and out of hearing, just pounding, like she's looking at a rabbit. To make a long story short , I reset the odometer to see how far she went and I picked her up 2.7 miles :shock: from where we were hunting. She was still going the opposite direction down the middle of the road. At least she was right on the line. ;) :lol:

I tell the guy specifically that I don't want any Branko close in the pedigree. He says "oh no, there's no Branko in that one. :lol2: I get the papers and she's plastered with it. :lol: He outright freakin lied, and he had to know I'd find out. What a maroon.

Now, I know I shouldn't expect the world for $600, but I'd like to think that folks are somewhat honest. Yes, it sounded too good to be true, and I had my doubts, but for the money it was worth a shot. I figured if she was only half as good as he said she was she'd be well worth the money. Here's the seller's description of her:
Really, really nice dog. No Branko close in pedigree. Runs really well and can run on snow below zero. No major faults.

So, in short, I got a major hosing by a fellow from Ironwood Michigan named Dean Carli.

In private and after the fact I've heard horror stories about this fellow. It seems everyone in that area knows he's a crook, but he just keeps on screwing people. It's not so much the money, because I'd be pissed if I were flat lied to for $20, nevermind $600. So that's where it stands. I've got the best "center" line running bitch Michigan ever produced, and Dean Carli has my money. :lol:

Now, I'm thinking that something's got to be done to keep others from getting the shaft from this fellow. It's just flat wrong.

Anyone have any interesting ideas on how to even the score with someone such as this and teach them a good lesson? I'm all ears.

I'm thinking maybe a 1/4 page ad. in 2 or 3 beagle magazines??? Any other good ideas? :)
Chris

www.MillerOutdoors.com
Twitter @milleroutdoors

Adam M. O'Donnell

Post by Adam M. O'Donnell »

Chris, I sure would have thought anyone selling a dog to someone who is involved with the public as you are, would have watched his p's and q's! I'd run a couple ads, or even put a "Buyer's BEWARE" foot note on every ad your already running!
Failure to prepare, is preparing to fail.
Shiawassee Bottom Beagles

TONY S

Post by TONY S »

for sure he is bad news

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

Pretty much sounds like to me its as much of your fault as it is his. As far as im concerned if you didnt watch it run before you bought it you dont really have much to complain about.
Crane Creek Kennels

Phillip Housden

mans word is not worth much anymore.

Post by Phillip Housden »

Sounds like your saying a mans word is not worth much anymore. When you lie that puts you lower than the dog you purchased.

Briarhoppers

Post by Briarhoppers »

Chris -I'm surprised that you paid $600 for a dog you have never seen. You sound farily knowledgeable about hounds and have a lot experience, just find it odd that you made such a mistake.
-Pete
Last edited by Briarhoppers on Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PUCKETT CREEK RABBIT HOUNDS
http://our-southern-roots.com/