Deer Breaking in or near NC

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Big Dog

Deer Breaking in or near NC

Post by Big Dog »

I have an 11 month old female that I need deer broke. I am looking for someone to do this in or near NC. Has only run deer twice and not very far, but I will not tolerate any. I would rather pay someone than do it myself as I don't have time.

Big Dog
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

CW

breaking dogs

Post by CW »

There is a man named JC Bruce near Statesville that has a deer pen that he uses to break dogs. He gets $35 a dog to break them. I do not know his phone number but I think his address is either Hidinite or Stony Point.

NC Beagler

Post by NC Beagler »

JC Bruce in Hiddenite, NC can be reached at 828.632.0527 and he asks $35/dog and keeps them for about 5 days.

Rosewood

Post by Rosewood »

Does one 5 day trip usually do the job?

Big Dog

deer breaking

Post by Big Dog »

Thanks for the info, I got in contact with him today and he will do it for me next week.

Big Dog

emtp222

Post by emtp222 »

I send all my dogs to Mr. Bruce and he does a great job. You will be very pleased. He also has some good dogs and pups for sale at times.

NC Beagler

Post by NC Beagler »

Rosewood-
I'd say one stay with Mr. Bruce would cure 90% of beagles from running deer, but there are some that are just determined to run deer.

huntster

Post by huntster »

hey bigdog, let us know what kind of success you have with this type of breaking dogs in a pen.....

Big Dog

deer breaking

Post by Big Dog »

I am taking them on sunday or monday so I should be able to give some feedback shortly thereafter. I have talked to several guys who have used this guy in the past and they have nothing but good things to say about him. According to one guy he witnessed the guy that does the trainings dogs eating out of a trough next to a deer who was also eating. I would pay money to see that.

Big Dog