Mojave Desert Beagles...

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mmccluskey

Mojave Desert Beagles...

Post by mmccluskey »

I was curious if anyone is familiar with Mojave Desert Beagles. I have been trying to get in touch with the breeder and have not been able to do so. Their web site has not been updated in a couple of months now, and they have not responded to emails, or phone messages.

Just curious - Thanx!

Post by Guest »

i did a google search and i think this is the website

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5135/family.htm

hope this helps

blackdirt beagles

Post by blackdirt beagles »

don potts runs it. try webmaster@beaglesunlimited.com

mmccluskey

Post by mmccluskey »

Thanks for the replies (both public and private). We have all the contact info. Our dilema is this:

We purchased two beagles from him.

The first one was a male pup, and we couldn't have asked anything more from a breeder, or the dog.

The second beagle was a 5 year old female that was a "family pet". When we took the dog into be checked a month after receiving her (I know...we shouldn't have waited :oops: ) the dog was diagnosed with heartworm. It was pretty severe...mishapen heart, worms in the arteries, probably had them for a couple of years, etc.

We contacted Mojave Desert Beagles and was told "I will refund the purchase price to save her if needed. She was a family pet and very dear to us...". We corresponded with the breeder through the entire treatment process, updating them on the dogs condition and they would reply back each time expressing gratitude for the updates.

The good news:
The dog survived the treatments and is healthier and happier than ever. The vet has awarded her a "clean bill of health" and she is now on preventative medication :D .

The bad news:
We collected all the bills and vet records, forwarded them to the breeder, and we have yet to hear from them after e-mails and phone messages.

I have heard varying opinions on this breeder and it seems we may not be alone in our situation.

I guess my real question is...are these folks potentially on holiday and still in business, or am I just being ignored and wasteing my time?

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Keep after Mr. Potts. He works three jobs and has the website to maintain as well, so some times it seems he is out of touch for a while. I'm sure if he promised to make good on a hound with you he will. If his e-mail box is anything like mine, a message will be 100+ down in 3 days. He may just need a fresh reminder.

mmccluskey

Post by mmccluskey »

Well I was finally able to get in touch with Mojave Desert Beagles. As I had suspected, Mr. Donald Potts has turned out to be a "real stand-up guy". He is refunding us the purchase price of the dog we purchased from...which is about break even with the vet bills.

I feel a little guilty for letting others sway my opion of this breeder. As expected, people all have their opinions based on whatever experience(s) they have had.

I am certainly not a "beagler"...not a breeder, not a hunter (with beagles anyway), I don't run dogs, etc. We simply have two beagles as family pets. For what it's worth, I would recommend Mojave Desert Beagles to anyone interested in these dogs. Mr. Potts has provided us with two great dogs, and stood by his word to take care of the problem we ran into. We spoke to many referrals that told us what I'm restating here.

Anyway...thanks for the info!