PINE MT CHESTER

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

PLATEAUBEAGLER

PINE MT CHESTER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

I was just needing some info. Can anyone tell me where Pine Mt Chester is located at this time? Is he up for Stud? Cost , and info on who to contact, with phone number. Along with what your thoughts are on this hounds,abilities.
Not trying to be to picky but i have a really good female that i would like to breed to this hound and i'm like evryone out there i want to breed to a male who throws some really good and proven hounds in the past.

Thanks for any help
Donnie Gibson/ Plateau Kennels

Adam M. O'Donnell

Post by Adam M. O'Donnell »

Go to Upcoming litters... find Big Dog's post, and PM him. As you will see, he is breeding his Socks McGee gyp to Chester. Big Dog will give you an honest, edjucated opinion that you can bank on! I'm sure he wont mind filling you in.
Failure to prepare, is preparing to fail.
Shiawassee Bottom Beagles

Big Dog

Chester

Post by Big Dog »

I have never seen Chester run, but know many who have seen him run that I trust as houndsman. Based on their description of his abilities, and based on my own personal observation of several of his off spring then I would say that you can't go wrong breeding to him as long as you are bringing a quality bitch to the table. He is owned by bobby and alan vest in the Louisville area of KY, I believe the current stud fee is $150 or pick of the litter if they like the bitch. Everything that I have seen run out of him has been powerful, and they all had very good foot speed and above average hunt. Drop me a Pm and I will give you Bobby's phone number.

Big Dog
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

thanks for the info, i got some info that Bobby Vest has the hound.
thanks

voodoo

COME ON

Post by voodoo »

GET 'R DONE!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by voodoo on Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MasonsBeagles

S

Post by MasonsBeagles »

:roll:
Last edited by MasonsBeagles on Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

voodoo

TO MUCH>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Post by voodoo »

WHEN THE DEVIL KNOCKS ON YOUR DOOR> SEND JESUS TO ANSWER IT!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by voodoo on Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JIMMIE ABSHIRE

Re: S

Post by JIMMIE ABSHIRE »

[chester is possibly one of the best stud in ky ,numbers dont lie ,high precentages of above avg dogs are now starting to hit different formats ,all with sucess ! chester was a great dogs at a young dog
screamed out on checks , plenty of foot yes plenty, i would defintly consider him in your breeding program,no brainer :lol:

jojo

Post by jojo »

what has voodoo reproduced?

MasonsBeagles

?

Post by MasonsBeagles »

Rufus has a couple of young pups out of Voo I hear are really doing well. Havent gotten to see them yet.

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

Yea i hear T Rex was quite the hound, and there is no dought that Chester is the top breeding hound in Ky. I talked to Bobby the other day and he seems to be one heck of a feller. I was also wanting to breed to Cleo out of Chester but as luck has it i wasn't able to make the trip this weekend to breed her so i crossed her with my hound Major out of Syris and Syris X Tango and my female is out of Soups SuperMan and Goodtimes Bobba Donna. I believe they both have a great bloodline and should produce some outstanding pups.
Hopefully i will get to breed to Chester or Cleo next time around.

voodoo

PINE MT CHESTER

Post by voodoo »

TO FELLOW BEAGLERS WILL MASON AND JIMMY ABSHIRE I APPRECIATE ALL THE CONFIDENCE YOU HAVE IN MYYYYYY OLD CHESTER DOG .THE REASON I SAY MINE IS I BRED HIM . WITHOUT ME HE WOULD NOT EXIST. YOU SEE THE OWNER CAN CHANGE ( BUT THE BREEDER IS FOR LIFE ) NOW I THINK SOME ONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO EXPRESS AN OPINION ABOUT A DOG THAT WAS BRED, RAISED , TRAINED AND TRIALED BY HIM .IF THAT IS TO MUCH TO ASK THEN I AM VERY SORRY TO HURT ANY ONE 'S FEELING'S HOWEVER I BASED MY OPINION ON WHAT I HAVE SEEN OVER THE PAST 30+YEARS
KEEP'EM RUNNING
PINE MT BEAGLES

jojo

Post by jojo »

mr.rufus,
why is it that you are buying pups out of and breeding to chester if he was so common?
also who is the breeder on voodoo?

pete young

Post by pete young »

Rufus,
I have seen several dogs out of Chester run and I can't say that I have seen one that didn't have good speed, good hunt and stamina. There are several of them that are exceptional hounds. I own a male that is a good all around rabbit dog that is out of Chester. I saw Chester run 1 time and that was after he had been kenneled for over a year without being run. As soon as he was turned out of the box he went straight in the thick stuff and found him a rabbit. He ran it hard and ran it right. I don't understand what you have to gain by criticizing a dog that you bred and are currently using in your breeding program. If you feel like the dog is mediocre, then why are you breeding to him? It makes no sense to me...??? It seems that you are the only one that feels that way. Do you think you may have under rated him? Is it possible that the last time you saw him run he was still a young dog and hadn't come into his own? In the end it doesn't really matter what any of us think. He still belongs to Bobby and Allen and if people like his pups as much as I do, they will breed to him whether you like him or not. I can name atleast 10 people that like what he is producing. Can you name anyone but yourself that doesn't consider the dog to be any more than mediocre as a rabbit dog and as a reproducer. I can't! Whether you are the breeder or not, I don't think it is right for you to come on a public board and criticize a dog that you haven't seen run since he was a very young hound. Furthermore it makes you look bad to talk the dog down and then turn around and use him in your breeding program. I would think if you have 30+ years in beagling that you could see that without someone like me having to point it out. I know I will continue to use him as a stud with my bitches. Good Luck and "Keep 'em Runnin".

JIMMIE ABSHIRE

Post by JIMMIE ABSHIRE »

RUFUS YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN CONSIDERED A FRIEND IN MY EYES I DO UNDERSTAND YOUR THOUGHTS ON CHESTER ,I ALSO KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE ,SPEED IS NOT A FACTOR BUT HE CAN GET ER DONE AT THE TIME HE WAS IN HIS PRIME-I HAD THE OPPURTUNITY TO BE BLESSED WITH CODY SHARPS JACKSON ,I WOULD BE WILLING TO SAY MYSELF OR WILL HAVE SEEN CHESTER RUN PROBALY MORE THAN ANYONE,JACKSON WAS A GRADE DOG THAT ACCOMPLISHED A LOT BY HIMSELF, HE AND CHESTER SPENT MANY A HOUR PACKED TOGETHER ,HE DIFFENTLY WAS 1 HELL OF A DOG POUND FOR POUND CHECK FOR CHECK,I LOVED TO HEAR HIM GO BEING A REPRODUCER HAS DIFFENTLY BEEN A BLESSING FOR MYSELF AS WELL AS MANY OTHERS,MY CURRENT STOCKED ALL BUT ONE IS DIRECT STOCK FROM CHESTER ,IS WILL THROW THE COMPLETE PACKAGE TO DOGS ALSO UNTIL RECENTLY HE REALLY HAS NOT BEEN BRED HARD.SO DONT EVER THINK I GOT A PROBLEM WITH YOU .BUT CHESTER SURLEY HELPED THE PINE MTN NAME,AND HIS OFF SPRING ARE RIGHT ON HIS TAIL[/quote]