HEY DOGDREAMER

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

New York Hillbilly

HEY DOGDREAMER

Post by New York Hillbilly »

In response to your last message!
Dog Dreamer,
Glad to clear things up. Many do not understand the feeling of connection to the outdoors. Nor do they grasp the sense of freedom from the day to day troubles, endless phone calls, nonstop senseless chatter, threats of war, etc.....etc....and so on. The feeling that comes from being in he field with your beagles, your hunting buddies, your smile and a return to a different time. A time so far removed from so many that they cannot even dream of such a feeling anymore. They have had the hunt bred out of them much like many of todays hounds have. They have become nothing more than show dogs and doing nothing more than existing. Forced to rely on others for meat in a cellophane wrapper that was killed by someone else, with no thought of what it was or where it came from. How conveniently sterile, guiltless and disconnected!! Ask a kid today where milk comes from and they will tell you the local Quick Stop. Thats OK Dogdreamer as long as we have it still in us we can pass it on to our young ones so they too will know the joyfull wonder we know. Like the hounds we run...no show dogs in our kennels. We will expose them early to the woods, fields and streams and allow them to come to feel what we feel. To know the real deal, what the good Lord has provided to us to enjoy, share and protect. Don't worry who cannot understand Dogdreamer. I share your "fantasy land" as do others and I consider myself in very good company.
Peace,
NYH