Curious

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Curious

Post by Guest »

You guys can help solve a debate I am having with someone.I am curious whoall from the ARHA is going to the big Eliminator hunt in Petersburg,Indiana.Also will this be your first UKC hunt.A friend of mine thinks it will be a 60 or 70 dog hunt.I think it will be closer to 200(heck we're bringing 3)I see a lot of interest from ARHA folks about UKC and I figure a hunt in this central location that ARHA folks are familiar with will draw a bunch of people but I may be wrong.What do you guys think?Thanks

J.Murphy/Murphy's Kennel

bowhunter59

U

Post by bowhunter59 »

TO FAR FROM ME OR I MIGHT WOULD GO!TENN
god is so good!

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

I think you would have more to come if it was not during rabbit hunting season. Maybe in April. I think most of us hunt and that is our first priority.

I for one would really like to see the UKC dogs run down here to see if our hunting dogs are a running style that could compete.

Why don't you get up some UKC champions and register them ARHA Little Pack, you can do that same day at a trial, and run them against the ARHA Little Pack open dogs here, closer to home?

As far as I know that would be permissable.

I know there are AKC dogs that are also ARHA registered and compete in both registeries trials. Let everyone know who they are and that way all can see how they compare.

You might want to run them in various ARHA trial formats to see which one more closely resembles the UKC style of dogs.

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

J, we will probably take 3 or 4 dogs.