Trying something new and need a little help!!!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Cottontail Man

Trying something new and need a little help!!!

Post by Cottontail Man »

Hey fellers well I'm new to this board but I have been rabbit hunting for 25 years. I am starting to raise a lot of beagles and I am wanting to build a training pen to start pups. I need to know how to go about this. What I really need to know is just about everything about a training pen. If you can help I sure would be in debt to you thanks. :D :) :cool: :lol: :roll: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Love Them Beagles!!!

bowhunter59

k

Post by bowhunter59 »

well first u need land lol!3 or 4 acres pup pen ! i like 10 or more if gonna run running dogs!get wire with the apron on the bottom cost abot 80$ A ROLL FOR 150 FT>TRRAP U SOME RABBITS AND THERE U GO!
god is so good!

Bsbowhunter

Find a club in your area

Post by Bsbowhunter »

My take is a little different. Building your own pen is expensive. My recommendation would be to find a good club in your area. Most have several running pens, varying in size. If you don't belong to a club, I see a lot of folks will run your dog and care for it for about $60 a month. Just "food for thought". :vamp:

oakhill

training pen

Post by oakhill »

There is a factory in Russellville, Ky that makes fencing. You can get a roll of 200" for about $100. It is seconds but works fine for a pen. I think it is a 1" by 2" wire and is welded wire. They make it for chicken houses. I got the 40" and bent the bottom to make an apron. Put an electric wire around the top to keep anything else out. Dog don't won't to get out because of the fun they are having in the pen. Worked for me.
Sally