HELP!! I NEED STILTS HERE!!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

TonyT

HELP!! I NEED STILTS HERE!!

Post by TonyT »

does any body know where I can by stilts for these here beagles I've got 11 in beagles and 8 in snow ! were not supposed to get that much snow there is a rule somewhere I know there is where it says we are not supposed to get that much snow. 6 in stilts would probably be enough :shock:

Bob Graves

Post by Bob Graves »

TonyT, here in NY we are at over 50 inches of powder in parts of the Tug Hill region where I hunt for Hare. There are no rules when it comes to snow in these parts. Luckily, I live in the mohawk valley region, we only have around 2 feet on the ground, and we have enough of a crust to hold the hounds up, so the cottontails are the ones we'll be running this weekend.

With only 8" of snow, you might try ping pong paddles attached with duct tape! lol... Enjoy the snow, it's not bad when it doesn't stay for 5 or 6 months at a time.

Bob

ducktape 20

Post by ducktape 20 »

you aint strapping me onto no dogs foot lol. when we get lots of powder snow here in southern mich i walk through some of the hard brush weaving back and fourth making trails then go back in towo to three days the rabbits run on the trails i make of couse ium talking about telve or more inches usualy 8 my dogs dont have much of a prob

Bob Graves

Post by Bob Graves »

Now ducktape 20, where's your sense of adventure? It might be fun to get a "beagle's foot" view of your snow covered hunting grounds! lol...

Run em if you got em...

Bob