bev--how was your company?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

blackdirt beagles

bev--how was your company?

Post by blackdirt beagles »

get any good runs? did he run hid pup or older dogs? :cool:

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Brian, he's staying with us again tonight and lighting out in the morning. He ran Katie and Annie (the 2 older dogs). Katie took to the cottontails pretty good, Annie chimed in from time to time, but she wasn't convinced these little ol' cottontails were ok to run. I think she'd be on it within a week in cottontail country, though. Got some good pictures that will probably print here and there in the magazine. :cool:

Ed

Just Talkin Dawgs

Post by Ed »

Hey Bev, I hope he drives carefully for his sake and a young dog he's picking up for me. I thought there was going to be snow while he was traveling. Hope everything goes OK.
I understand you will be coming to our club this year for the futurity. You will enjoy it alot. We have one of the nicest clubs around, and call that tooting my own horn. We work hard and enjoy it very much. Last year was great. I'm new to the futurity and had some pre-concieved notions about it. Those ideas were false. Good time had by all. Thanks.

ACOMEAU

Futurity

Post by ACOMEAU »

What is the Futurity? Which registry sponsers it and where is it going to be? I have heard about it a few times and read some in magazines, sounds like something to watch.

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Aaron, the Int'l LP Hare Futurity is an AKC event held in Hardwick, VT. the last weekend in June. They run the young'uns on Saturday and Sunday and then have a trial of Champions on Monday. My plans are to fly into VT on Friday and fly out on Monday eve. I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of people in person as well as seeing some promising young hounds run. :cool:

ACOMEAU

Futurity

Post by ACOMEAU »

Well I will be there so we can finally meet face to face. Hardwick is just over an hour away from me. When you say they run the young- ens do you mean derby, or just untitled hounds. I look forward to meeting you in person.

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

Aaron, they are AKC/CKC 2-yr-olds that were registered the year before for the event. Some folks register an entire litter for it banking on the breeding being good. June in Vermont....I can't wait! I'm glad you're gonna be there. It's gonna feel like a family reunion with folks I've never laid eyes on! :dance: :cool: