four day weekend

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Dogdreamer

four day weekend

Post by Dogdreamer »

I have a knot in my stomach and a lump in my throat. I can't sleep well at night. Everytime I step out into the woods to take a walk I can hear dogs singing. When I come inside my three year old son is asking me when we're getting our beagle puppy, and constantly wants to call pappaw to tell him about the rabbits we are going to get. Its midnight here and all thede posts of running beagles is making me lose sleep. :shock: See, I am so tired I am repeatng myself.
I have a four day weekend after putting in 13 days straight, and I want to at least watch some of these dogs I am hearing so much about. I am in Fort Wayne, where can I go to watch trials or come along on a hunt this weekend? I know the conditions haven't been great here with the cold front but Im not worried about seeing a limit flled, I gotta see some dogs hunt. Don't need a gun, don't have a dog (yet), but I am an overcitied Kentucky hillbilly that wants to see some useful dogs work. Someone please help.
Johnny B

Old Meg she was a gypsy;
And liv'd upon the moors:
Her bed it was the brown heath turf,
And her house was out of doors.
--Keats

How about Saturday?

Post by Guest »

It will take you an hour or so to get here but I live in sw mi (by the lake) and you can come with me if you want.Hard to tell how the running will be but my hounds will get something going.You can e-mail me at harvhounds@qtm.net

Rob Maynard

Post by Rob Maynard »

I live in Quincy Mich. That is by coldwater I'm layed off at the time so if you would like to come up and hunt with me you are more then welcome to . I own 3 running dogs rigth now . Not the best but good to kill rabbits to . Fort Wanye is about a hour from here . My phone# is(517) 639-5760 .

tnbeagleman

Post by tnbeagleman »

We're having a feild trial in Harrogate Tn. This Sat. the 18th. Just a few miles from Middlesboro KY. KTV Beagle Club (Kentucky, Tennessee, Viriginia). You are more than welcome to come and go on our cast.

Dogdreamer

Post by Dogdreamer »

Hey guy s. Thanks for the super invitations. I am trying to acommodate my wife a little and I found some pups I'm going t check out this weekend. Still, I may be giving you a call Rob, and I'll e-mail you tommorrow ?harv?---still want to hunt though. If wife gives me the infamous pass two days in a row. I am spending all day in Ohio with my uncle. I want to keep in touch, though. Because I will have my own dogs next season. Gonna have dogs. Will hunt. Veterans needed.
As for you tan beagle man, I don't associate with ridgerunners :lol: . Seroously though"Tan", I definitely want to get in touch. My whole family is from Bell County, Ky. I am already planning a trip down next season to hunt some family owned property. Might even make you jealous what I have access to down home. Anyone is welcome to come along and hunt it, too. Wish I could be down there right now. Also, I have a cousin who married a boy from Tazewell. Sounds bad but I can't remember his lat name. Its Brandon and Shonda. Her maiden name was Boatright (hope the name doesn't make you cringe).
Anyway, I have access to an entire strip-mountain that a family member bought. She lets certain family members hunt it and I am sure that we would be welcome. Last time I was home I helped her unload about seven hundred pounds of feed for her babies, one of which has a 12 point rack, and is fair game for family members during deer season. The whole top of the mountain is saw grass and light cover, you know, typical old strip site. We used to spot it before she bought it and the hillside looked like a christmas tree from the hoppers and small game. No secrets given away here, its highly coveted and under 24 hour surveillance. :roll: The best part....it hasn't been rabbit hunted in years!!! Only deer and turkey.
If you two Michigan boys are up for a road trip next season, we could all have a good time. Make the hills come alive with the sound of music. Well, I just wanted to let you guys know that I got your responses and I appreciated them , I'll be getting in touch.

P.S. Just so you know that whole "Deliverance" thing was further south than Tennessee. :neutral:
Johnny B

Old Meg she was a gypsy;
And liv'd upon the moors:
Her bed it was the brown heath turf,
And her house was out of doors.
--Keats

Post by Guest »

Hey Dog dreamer who brought up the Deliverance thing :shock: I would love to take a trip down south and show you boys some fancy yankee shooting!!In the meantime consider mine an open intivite to run dogs up here on the sunset coast of mi.I also do a lot of fishing in lake MI love to here those reels scream! Not near as much as hound music though.
harvehounds

Rob Maynard

Post by Rob Maynard »

Dog dreamer you are welcome anytime . I have family in ky to Pike county . If your free anytime just call or email me a day ahead of time .