dissapointed

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bowhunter59

dissapointed

Post by bowhunter59 »

went to my first field trial today everyone was so nice that was great ! but my dog usualy a good one stuck out!3 strikes ur out! on cold noseing and he has only cold nosed 1 other time in 3 months i had him man why did he pick today to make hiself look bad!made me feel sad cause he's such a good dog i didnt expect to win or anything just be competetitive and it was just awful went on first cast and had a great time watching others run good day fun day .just dissapointed my dog did so bad!
god is so good!

DarrinG

Post by DarrinG »

bowhunter59,

The old saying "Every dog has it's day" is very true! Just keep going and running that dog and he will do fine!

I attend trials with the mind-set to have fun, enjoy myself and the hounds, enjoy the fellowship with other beaglers, watch some good hound work and listen to some great beagling music. I also make a pig of myself at lunch time.....LOL....Most of the clubs put on a great meal at lunch break! I know my hounds and am proud of them regardless if I place at a trial or not. If I happen to place, bench or field, thats like having my cake and eating it too! I'm just happy to be healthy enough and forunate enough to be able to just be there! And I enjoy the company of those with like-mind....rabbit dawgs!

Keep going to trials, and just go to have fun! :D
+++
He's coming....are you ready?

Bev
Site Admin

Post by Bev »

That's always the way it goes. You're in good company, trust me. All of us have been tee-totally embarassed to death by our hounds at one point or another. You swear they won't do this or that and the first thing they do out of the box is "this" and next thing "that". :oops: That's part of owning beagles, lol! Next time out, things may be totally different. Hang in there. ;)

bowhunter59

thx

Post by bowhunter59 »

hey thx yall needed a little boost there i had fun everyone was so nice to me and they didnt have to be being as nobody knew me \.but i joined a club and i will go back just feeling sad that he did so bad but thx for the pick me up yall r so great on here i've learned alot in my short time on here!
god is so good!

tnbeagleman

Post by tnbeagleman »

Hey Bow hunter they all have bad days mine wasn't good at all I ran three pups with ayoung hound for a hour and half not even a sound took them home got two veterans put up the young dog went back out to my honey Holes{ two of them} for about 45 min. at each and not even a sound so A total OF THREE HOURS OF HUNTING WITH NO RESULTS AT ALL NOT EVEN A GROWL. LOL: MAYBE IT WAS TO DRY OR TO COLD OR SOMETHING LOL:

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

Same thing here.5 hours of almost nothing.One race maybe 30 minutes and never saw the rabbit and man it was cold and windy this morning.Guess it just wasn't to be today in East Tennessee. Hope Plowboy
cleaned thier clock today!

Ted Peercy

Post by Ted Peercy »

Plowboy did! I'll get some results on a little later. Ted

Bowhunter 59

Post by guest »

Don't worry about it. When I got into competion hunting, I hunted my
son's dog. Now Butch could run a 5 day old track and get it up. I went
out alot of times early, but me and butch just kept going back. Some
guys would even want to scratch him, then draw out with him. But a
little training and we made champion and quailifed for the world. I
still go get him and we go hunting, so just hang in there and things will
happen

DG TX

Post by DG TX »

Just hang in there. We have all seen times when we wished the judges would hurry up and pick our "mess" up! Strange hounds sometimes rattle hounds. Hang in there! ;)