New idea for places to hunt.

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Big Dog

New idea for places to hunt.

Post by Big Dog »

I recently tried something new in searching for places to hunt. Since deer season ended here on the 1st of January I e-mailed all of the big deer and turkey hunting lodges that I could find in NC and SC to inquire about Rabbit Hunting opportunities. Surprisingly I have gotten a pretty good response. Most want a fee of 25 - 35 per gun per day, which isn't bad especially when you compare it to leasing land. A couple have even said that I could hunt for free. I have gotten 7 yes so far and only 3 no's. I will be trying one of them out this weekend in Greenville NC, and I will let everyone know how it went. Unfortunately I will have to go by myself since none of my buddies are available. I will be taking a bunch of young dogs, but we will see how they do. I was also very surprised to find that most of the big deer outfitters know nothing about rabbit hunting. I had one guy tell me that he didn't have many rabbits, because he only see's 15 or 20 when he shines his light out in the field looking for deer at night. He is the one that I will be visiting this saturday(LOL) Just a little food for thought.

Big Dog ;)
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

Big Dog

new idea

Post by Big Dog »

I just got another yes while I was posting this message. The guy says that he has been looking for someone to get rid of the dad gum rabbits. Some of his bird hunters that have young dogs have problems with them chasing the rabbits while bird hunting. I will be paying him a visit soon too.(LOL) If anyone is interested in tagging along and bringing their dogs to provide some company. Drop me an email at Kim.newman@bms.com. Dogs must be deer proof as the deer populations on all of these sights are extremely high.

Big Dog
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke