Rabbit Hunter

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mobeagles

Rabbit Hunter

Post by mobeagles »

I just bought a subscription to TAB(checks in the mail Bev). Thinking about also getting The Rabbit Hunter. I don't trial, just interested in hunting stories and stories about good dogs and kennels. Would like some feedback from people who still subscribe to the Rabbit Hunter, whether it is still a good magazine or not.

jon cornett

rabbit hunter

Post by jon cornett »

THE RABBIT HUNTER MAG. SINCE BEING TAKEN OVER BY ITS NEW OWNERS IS BECOMING AGAIN A GOOD MAGAZINE. I ALSO LIKE TO READ HUNTING STORIES FROM OTHER FOLKS IN OTHER STATES. THERES ALSO ALOT MORE PEOPLE STARTING TO ADVERTISE IN IT. GET A SUBSCRIPTION, DONT THINK YOU WILL BE SORRY YOU DID.

Chuck Terry

Post by Chuck Terry »

It has definitely improved in recent months. A couple of there field writers are favorites of mine. However, the mix of the various types of articles we like is a very personal thing. If you contact them and tell them you are a potential subscriber, I would be very surprised if they would not be willing to send you a complementary copy. If you can't get one elsewhere, email with your postal address and I will send you my copy from last month.

DarrinG

Post by DarrinG »

Speaking of The Rabbit Hunter, have you read the last "The Houndsman" by this "Mace" ?? Whoever "Mace Kelsey" is,he is BOUND to keep up w/ the beagle boards on the net. First there was a charachter named "Walter Brian". The charachter's attitude and mannerisms are just like someone we all have seen post on beagle boards, one of his fictitional names are even similiar!

Then this issue surfaces a charachter named "George". George is the one who everyone at a trial dreads to see arrive. A loud individual and is always right. Wow, that rings a bell!

Anyone else notice this in this Kelsey's persons writing? LOL, I think he/she reads these boards alot!
+++
He's coming....are you ready?

Emery

Post by Emery »

I'm still waiting for my January edition to arrive. If it takes too much longer, I will have to give them a call...

Emery
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

BlueLine

Post by BlueLine »

I never got my January issue either. I called and they said they were all sent out before Christmas, so I had them send me another issue the other day. I am glad to hear that the "Houdsman" series has started back up.
Ray