Southeast Kansas

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

warddog

Southeast Kansas

Post by warddog »

We moved to southeast Kansas about a year ago and am curious if there are any rabbit hunters in the area. The landscape looks rabbity, but we have seen little to no rabbits. My wife is from this area and years ago her family were big bird hunters but today her brother says that has dwindled down as well. They would hunt birds and I would get in trouble shooting rabbits. LOL

Swampman

Re: Southeast Kansas

Post by Swampman »

I've been there, approx. 2 hours south of Kansas City.
Running was good and I had a great time.

I was invited by a friend, so don't ask me exact location, I don't do that to people who invite me to their running spots.

warddog

Post by warddog »

Not looking to find places to hunt or run as I have been out of beagling for several years now. Merely asking if there are any rabbit and or rabbit hunters in this part of the country as the terrain looks pretty good although a lot different than we had in Indiana.

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

When I was there, the cover was pretty thick.
After 4 days straight of running, the hounds face/eyes/ears were heavily scabbed over.

warddog

Post by warddog »

Swampman wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:48 pm
I've been there, approx. 2 hours south of Kansas City.
Running was good and I had a great time.

I was invited by a friend, so don't ask me exact location, I don't do that to people who invite me to their running spots.
That would put you about where we moved to which is around Pittsburg, Kansas. That is in the corner of four states. From my time here years ago there was a lot of strip mine property like in Indiana but today most of it has been reclaimed and put into cattle pasture. What is left is bought up and in hunting clubs which are BIG down here.