AKC Help …..

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

LR Patch

AKC Help …..

Post by LR Patch »

I can’t find on the AKC site . What is the age of a male that they require a sperm sample by a vet . This is for a older male .. thinking it’s 12 years old and over ? Anyone know?
Thanks in advance
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

Beagle Huntsman

Re: AKC Help …..

Post by Beagle Huntsman »

12 is always what I heard.

R. Dana Robinson

Post by R. Dana Robinson »

I've never heard that a sperm sample was required. I do believe that if the male is 12 or over that he must be D.N.A.'d for the litter to be registered.

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

From the AKC website:

Keep in mind that AKC rules do not allow, except with special documentation, the registration of a litter out of a dam less than 8 months of age or more than 12 years of age at the time of mating, or by a sire less than 7 months of age or more than 12 years of age at the time of mating.

joe kaschak

Post by joe kaschak »

FCGD Kash's Miracle Pup Petey (deceased at age 14 1/2) sired a litter at 13 1/2 years old. AKC only wanted an affidavit stating that I witnessed the breeding. Those pups will be 6 years old on 12Aug2023.