History Question!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

kenjames

History Question!

Post by kenjames »

Who was the owner/breeder of Jerry's Little Charlie. Yes, I know that goes way back, I still want to know. Any real beagler history buffs out there? I know his pedigree, but not the question I ask. Thought there might be some one that knew.. Thanks, KJ
Camp Hill Kennels: Home to Lemon and White Beagles

Beagle Huntsman

Re: History Question!

Post by Beagle Huntsman »

Ken: FC Jerry’s Little Charlie from about 30 years ago was bred and owned by Terry Ward of Seminary, MS. Terry was the breeder of the Boggy Holler line, and for awhile was very successful at Deep South trialing and had several different hounds advertised at stud. Many hounds people call “Weir Creek” today should really be called Boggy Holler as Terry Ward did more for that line than anyone else, in my opinion.

kenjames

Re: History Question!

Post by kenjames »

Thank you so much. I had a guy telling me it was Terry Sudduth and I didn't think that was correct but, wasn't certain. I did remember he was Ms. borne. Yes the Boggy line is deep. I still love it as much as I have. Just an old everyday rabbit dog. JMO and sticking with it till I find something better. :D :D
Camp Hill Kennels: Home to Lemon and White Beagles