Garmin alpha 100 help!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Hunter9396

Garmin alpha 100 help!

Post by Hunter9396 »

I’m still new and trying to figure out my alpha.. when you get to your spot.. do you start a new hunt on the handheld and pause tracking until they jump a rabbit, turn tracking on and then once they are done running it pause tracking again until they jump another rabbit… or do you just track the hunt the whole time?… if you have any other tips or info that would help I’d love to hear it

kwolf

Re: Garmin alpha 100 help!

Post by kwolf »

Start a new hunt when you are ready to cut dogs loose , it will ask you if you want to clear all previous data from the dogs , reply yes and all data from that hunt will start logging in as far as miles and speed . It will also ask if want to mark the truck , reply yes if you are hunting in big country that will help if you get turned around . Good luck , this is the best thing since sliced bread

scockrell

Re: Garmin alpha 100 help!

Post by scockrell »

I have stopped tracking in a situation where I loaded up to drive to another location, then start tracking when I turned the dogs back out. That way it didn’t interfere with the dogs data.
Rowan Beagles