Male spotting a little blood, also a little in urine?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

sgc

Male spotting a little blood, also a little in urine?

Post by sgc »

My 11 1/2 yr old male is spotting a little blood from penis. Urine is a tad darker too, so may have some blood. I'm suspecting a urinary tract infection but have a vet appointment after this weekend to see whats going on. Many years ago I gave a female fish ampicillan to clear up an infection that was preventing her getting pregnant. It worked! I don't know if this type antibiotic is available these days. Any suggestions? Beaglers are the best at home care on their dogs!

Shady Grove Beagles

Re: Male spotting a little blood, also a little in urine?

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

You can buy several different anti - biotics through Fish MOX. I've used them with good results and a LOT cheaper than the vet. sells them for. Google them.
I knew the infection I was treating so knew what anti - biotic was needed. Certain bugs need certain anti- biotics not all work on every thing so folks can't just give any one . you need the right one.
In your dogs case I'd let the vet diagnose.
Good luck.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

sgc

Re: Male spotting a little blood, also a little in urine?

Post by sgc »

Thanks. That was the type answer I was looking for. At this point I think I will wait for what the vet says.