Old bloodlines search

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Shady Grove Beagles

Re: Old bloodlines search

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Hey Randy
Birch Haven Bruiser was owned and campaigned by Jerry Blair from New Hampshire. Jerry was another guy that did a lot of Large Pack on Hare judging back in the day and would probably be a good source of old bloodlines info.
I bought a female pup from John Hall back in 1993 that was sired by Jerry's son Mike's I.F.C. Greenbrier's Birch Haven Merlin that had Bruiser behind him.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Beagle Huntsman

Post by Beagle Huntsman »

Randy: I knew Bernard Mullinex. He lived in the Parkersburg, WV area. We had the 5-6 club Appalachian Mountain Gundog Association from the mid-80s until about 2000, when it fell apart and some clubs became Midwest Association clubs. Bernard was active in the App Association. I remember he had some early Indian Hills Majer hounds, later added some Deep South and I think Wingate breeding. Had some good hounds. Bernard was quite a character. During a time when we all hated deer, I remember him commenting that he didn’t mind deer because they made trails for you. Every time to this day that I follow a tight deer trail through an otherwise impenetrable cutover, I think of Bernard’s comment.

Dana: I sent you a message to see if you still would like that book. Finally private messaging is working again!

John: I was not aware the AKC site would give that info. Going to check that out. Thanks!

Randy Osborne

Post by Randy Osborne »

I didn’t know akc would give info like that either. I have called them (akc) on the phone about different questions in the past and they would not give me any info. Years back when I had walker dogs and registered them with the Chase they would answer about most any question that they thought was not personal. They would give info on who owned a certain dog or pedigree info on a dog you were thinking about buying or breeding to. I was very surprised when I had to start dealing from that to akc.
I had a guy call me yesterday from MS yesterday about a pup that I have and he told me that there is still a movement about getting guys to change over from akc to ukc. They are just getting ready to have the very first ukc beagle nationals. I for one didn’t know the idea of changing to ukc was still in the talks. I thought all that fell through. The guy was very up on the details and said to check on the site ukc beagle gun dog alliance. Remember that all started from the akc putting the gay emblem on their site. He said a lot of the dogs are being registered in both ukc and akc for now. He said there is still a discount to reg. With the ukc till this June I think. Wasn’t sure if some of you like me, knew this or not.
Thanks, everyone for the comments and suggestions!

Beagle Huntsman

Post by Beagle Huntsman »

Always been a staunch AKC man myself. They always have been and always will be the premier registry. When the UKC started beagle events they asked me to judge one of their events and my response was why do we need UKC trials when we already have started whole Associations of AKC gundog trials that are working well? They just wanted a piece of the action, and I can’t blame them for that. But when I started seeing their trial results with sire and dam listed as “open”, I knew running grade dogs was not for me. By then, we had developed whole strains of good AKC gundogs.

I think the AKC being hesitant to provide a lot of information stems from them being so large and finding it better to be safe than sorry with things people might want kept private. Too many lawsuits, etc, these days. Sam Wooldridge started The Chase in 1920 and it has always been foxhounds only with more of a close-knit fraternity, following the example S.L.W. set as its leader for the first 25 years. From the Stones to Susan Alewine, emphasis was on relationships and service. They would even give reports in the magazine each month of all the visitors to their Lexington offices. Much more personal than the huge AKC could ever be.

John Way

Post by John Way »

https://webapps.akc.org/event-search/#/results

This link is a sample of what you can find on clubs / trials. I attached info for Upper Hudson Beagle club for past 10 yrs.
This info doesn’t go back as far as judges search.

https://www.apps.akc.org/apps/judges_di ... erformance
Just enter / select the correct Name / State info on the judge your looking for. Get all info on past and future trials the individual has judged.

Randy Osborne

Post by Randy Osborne »

Does anybody know where Dan Kane lives? I tried looking him up on the akc search for judges but won't work for me! Maybe I'm putting the wrong place for him, not sure. Maybe just not using it correctly! Doesn't look to complicated! I tried looking him up on FB also. Thanks

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

Try CKC judges.

tdog

Post by tdog »

I have some pups coming up with this blood in them as close as you will find these days.. Give me a call 740-360-9317