Too Hot for anything !!!!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

kwolf

Too Hot for anything !!!!

Post by kwolf »

Well here I go again , about this time yearly I post the same complaint , just my way of venting I guess. With heat index reaching 105 you can't stand be out for any length of time. I just got my 2 pups running a few weeks and then this heat wave hit us. On the upside we are getting closer to some cooler weather . From what I have seen so far seems like the rabbit population is looking real good. Oh well I guess I'll have to pull out some of my beagle DVDs and sit in the AC and just watch them . Take care my friends and keep cool

Shady Grove Beagles

Re: Too Hot for anything !!!!

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I hear ya Ron.
For many years with both the coon hounds and the beagles I ran year round,day or night,hot or cold,rain or dry,winter and summer,what ever and when ever.
Those days are over. Somewhat due to age and somewhat due to the fact that I'm retired and can go when I want and pick my days.
When guys tell about their hounds being able to do it when it's 90 degrees all I can say is good for you. I don't plan on being out there and seeing if mine can.Never really enjoyed hunting when it was 0 degrees and sure don't care about running in the heat and humidity.
Cooler weather IS coming.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Mike McPherson

Re: Too Hot for anything !!!!

Post by Mike McPherson »

I agree to hot to run. I run mostly at night thru the hotter times. Now the cold, it doesn't get to cold. You want to see what you have for dogs go run when there is snow and it is below 0, If they are worth taking when it is like that they are worth feeding. You will find out real quick if you have nose and brains, all the nose in the world is useless if they don't have brains enough to use it.
Hunt-Em-Up
Hunt-Em-Up Kennels