Leave the Swinging at Home- So it seems

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

MasonsBeagles

Leave the Swinging at Home- So it seems

Post by MasonsBeagles »

Been out several years and ive been to a few trials. Went to world hunt just to see some folks. It seems to me the wild swinging dogs arent the consistent winners now a days. The line runners and tighter check dogs seem to be doing better? Is this the case?
Please visit
http://www.LiveStockSeller.com NEW LIVESTOCK SITE. Totally Free Listings
http://www.NeededPrayers.com we have just relaunched.

Chris

Re: Leave the Swinging at Home- So it seems

Post by Chris »

Well this wasn't what I thought it was going to be about when I clicked on the title... ;) :lol:

I do hope dogs under some semblence of control are more the norm at trials, as herding the rabbit around isn't what makes a gundog. But not taken too far like the dogs you can walk alongside while they're "running".
Chris

www.MillerOutdoors.com
www.Facebook.com/milleroutdoors1
www.YouTube.com/c/MillerOutdoors1
Instagram @milleroutdoors1
Twitter @milleroutdoors

S.R.Patch

Re: Leave the Swinging at Home- So it seems

Post by S.R.Patch »

When the cycle is low a more hunting and line control hound will fare better. imh
When the cycle is high, you can get away with more and switching rabbits is hardly noticed.
Scenting conditions and available game will tighten or loosen the belt. This is a test for gifted hounds that's able to adjust to it's conditions staying with the original rabbit for it may be the only one in the lot. jmho