Penrose mama mia

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Gary R Franks

Penrose mama mia

Post by Gary R Franks »

Can someone tell me the breeding on mama mia

gpen08

Re: Penrose mama mia

Post by gpen08 »

I own Mia and have since she was born. Her sire is FCLP Shooters Page 2. Sammy was the best dog I have ever seen run and ran with him many many times. He is out of the Shooter Dinah cross. Her dam is Strickler's Rugged Charm. I bought Charm when she was about 15 to 18 months old and she lived here until her death early last year. She was the best female i have ever owned. Charm was bought from Snowmans beagles when she was a pup. Her sire is Welch's Markanthony and her dam was Snowmans Northern Dancer. There was 5 surviving pups in the charm and sammy litter. My brother and I own 3 of them. One female is owned by Brian Emerick in erie pa and one Male I lost track of. I believe I sold him to an older gentleman from ohio.

Gary R Franks

Post by Gary R Franks »

I just bought a female recently out of mia and Butkus only got her her Sunday been raining everyday I really like her looks just like Butkus not as many ticdid you keep any from this cross how are they doing

gpen08

Post by gpen08 »

I kept a female that I have since sold. She was excellent in the kennel and acted fine but I didnt like her immaturity at 8 months old. She spent more time playing than hunting. My brother kept a Male from the cross. He has good hunt, decent line control, and seems to have a good nose. He biggest fault right now is extra mouth in the check. I also got a Male back from the cross that I like a lot. He doesn't hunt as good as his brother but stays close on the line and doesn't have extra mouth. He also has a good nose I think but they both are young and have a ways to go. Time will tell.

Gary R Franks

Post by Gary R Franks »

Gary can you tell me who the sire and dam is of the markanothy dog and the northern dancer female was thank you for all this information

Gary R Franks

Post by Gary R Franks »

Gary did you ever get to see Butkus run just wondering how he and Sammy compared

gpen08

Post by gpen08 »

Welch's Markanthony sire is FC Donna's Darling Darwin and his dam was Andy's Waggin Wanda. Northern Dancer sire was Snowman's Demon and her dam was Snowman's Winter Rage. I have ran with Butkus but only once. He was a line running check machine that day. I wouldn't want to even compare them because I ran with Sammy a dozen times or more and it would be an uneducated comparison. I had Sammy at my house for a month or so and saw way more of him. I also had Green Bay Sassy Magoo at my house for some time. She is Butkus litter mate sister. The first time I saw her I didnt think she was much but the more i ran her the more i realized how good a dog she was. My first impression of her was way off. She was a really good dog and taught me not to judge dogs on first impressions.

Gary R Franks

Post by Gary R Franks »

Thanks

gpen08

Post by gpen08 »

Send me your phone number and I will text you a pic of Charm's full pedigree.

Garrett

Post by Garrett »

I have Female out of Sassy Magoo . She’s a Canadian field champion now. She’s a super nice dog . Would have liked to see sassy run.

Gary R Franks

Post by Gary R Franks »

205-495-3196

gpen08

Post by gpen08 »

Sassy was an excellent dog and would've stayed in PA had she not been promised to someone else before hand. If my memory serves me right the female you have is named Punkin. I ran with her when she was 10 months old. She was talented then.

Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Yes your right . I got Punkin when she was around 15 months I think from Jim Hall. Her first litter just turned 4 months old. I bred her to a nice young male out of Butkus and Whitney Creek Lola.

Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Yes your right . I got Punkin when she was around 15 months I think from Jim Hall. Her first litter just turned 4 months old. I bred her to a nice young male out of Butkus and Whitney Creek Lola.

gpen08

Post by gpen08 »

I know the Male your talking about. He was the only one in the litter so Jim let Tim keep him. I believe he named him Bucky. Then Tim sold him. I ran Punkin's sire awhile too. Turbo was a hard hunting male with a booming voice. He was a nice dog also.