Alpha?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

sem

Alpha?

Post by sem »

One on my collars the tone volume is really low. Is there any way to turn the volume up?

CASKEY'S KENNEL

Re: Alpha?

Post by CASKEY'S KENNEL »

sem wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:46 pm
One on my collars the tone volume is really low. Is there any way to turn the volume up?
Go to that collar on tone and go up on the number . Just like you adjust the shock the higher the number .
"WHERE THE DOGS DO THE TALKING"
Living with TINNITUS .
225-910-2900
BEAVERCREEK Karma KIckaz sister
HUNT-EM-UP BLAZER'S MARGRET. 5 AKC FC
IFC BANGOR'S BARKIN BLUE ELVIS 4 AKC FC

sem

Post by sem »

I tried that, it didn't help. I'll try it again when I get home

Hare Chaser

Post by Hare Chaser »

I don't think you can change the volume of the tone. Is there a reason why you would want to? Seemingly, if the dog isn't responding a stimulation response would follow the ignoring of the tone provided the dog knows what the tone is for.

sem

Post by sem »

Yes the dog knows what the tone is but it's so low I'm not sure she's hearing it. I have to put it almost to my ear to be able to hear it.

JacksonBoys

Post by JacksonBoys »

The collar may need updated. Go to Garmin webupdater and plug collar into computer.
Jackson Boys Kennel and Starting Pen

PCH HBCH GRCH LPRCH and PKC $ winner Matt Dillon
HBCH GRCH Jacksons Jack on the Bone
FCGD PCH HBCH Jackson Boys Slick Willie (RIP Champ)
Bill's (614)965-2219

CASKEY'S KENNEL

Post by CASKEY'S KENNEL »

sem wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:30 am
Yes the dog knows what the tone is but it's so low I'm not sure she's hearing it. I have to put it almost to my ear to be able to hear it.
A dog can hear 4 times better than a human .
"WHERE THE DOGS DO THE TALKING"
Living with TINNITUS .
225-910-2900
BEAVERCREEK Karma KIckaz sister
HUNT-EM-UP BLAZER'S MARGRET. 5 AKC FC
IFC BANGOR'S BARKIN BLUE ELVIS 4 AKC FC

brewer69kennels

Post by brewer69kennels »

I have the same issue with one of my collars , have 3 and 2 are noticeably louder than the 1 its barley audible

OKIEDOG

Post by OKIEDOG »

Tone is not adjustable. It 'allows' you to increase the number, but, Tone is just Tone. You cannot increase or decrease the volume. Some collars have a lighter tone than others.

If the collar Tone seems ALOT weaker than the other collars, try charging the battery really well, then you can attempt to reload the software on the collar (or updating it): www.okiedogsupply.com homepage has a link to Garmin Webupdater for you to use to update/reload the software. Scroll down til you see Elly the bird dog.

If it continues, you can take the battery out of a collar that has a good tone, put it in the collar w/ the weaker tone. Try it. If the tone seems louder, then the battery is weak and you just need to purchase a new battery. But, remember, the dog can hear it so don't feel pressured to buy a battery now...the dog just needs to hear the tone.

MIke Franklin
OKIE DOG SUPPLY
www.OKIEDOGSUPPLY.com

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

One of my collars wasn't charging well. I left the collar on until the battery was low enough the collar just shut off....then I charged the collar and repeated it again running the collar to dead and recharging. 2 yrs later I haven't had any issues again with that collar. :nod: