When Wolves Attack (Warning--Picture is Graphic)

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bill (flint river )

Re: When Wolves Attack (Warning--Picture is Graphic)

Post by bill (flint river ) »

PREACHERS KENNEL wrote:will someone please answer me ..was this on drummond island?
the local on Drummond do a pretty good job on the wolf's. they need the fall and winter income and they will not let the wolfs kill that. ;)

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

The best person to ask is reddog1 on here . He has a place up there and family .
TheJohnBirchSociety

JCM

Post by JCM »

The Michigan DNR knew about the pack that killed our dogs. They don't want people to know the exact location because they are afraid people might do something to the wolf pack if they knew the exact location.

Just in case anyone is interested, the location where our dogs were killed was
46.253822, -84.815032
Last edited by JCM on Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wv firefighter

Post by wv firefighter »

Dang it man I hate to hear this SORRY FOR THE LOST

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

time to start a petition drive requesting the DNR employees responsible for the Wolf Project be fired due to putting the health and safety of sportsman, pet owners, farmers livestock, and possibily even children as a secondary priority that this unacceptable when such disreguard and derlict decisions have been made. there are electronic survey/petition methods online. get this info to farmers and deer hunting websites. post alink to the petition. get a lap top with an air card knock on doors. get people to sign. try to get in on the front page of local news papers or raise funds to run an ad. make them sweat for this BS. find out who the tree huggers are hand them pictures of the poor dogs. tell them the sportsman of michigan hate them that they want there azz fired and there is a price for a disreguard to citizens. white on rice time dont give up you cant or these canine carnivores will destroy it all for everyone. everytime you see those photos let it be fuel to seek justice. I still cant look at the pictures for my own reasons,and for me I would have to pray hard that i did not lose it and hurt these educated ding dings.

golden acres

Post by golden acres »

Just talked to Jimmy Gretzinger owner of Michigan Out of Doors TV show and he said he may run something on it right before the Wolf Hunt this year.. I told him I could probably get him Names and Numbers of guys with dogs that have been mutilated that he could talk to. Their is going to be a lot of controversy right before this wolf hunt and this would be a good time to show what kind of animal we are dealing with. I can not promise he will run the story though I do see him every weak and will keep reminding him.
Golden Acre Supplies 616-813-0814 (Cell)
http://www.goldenacresupplies.com

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

golden acres wrote:Just talked to Jimmy Gretzinger owner of Michigan Out of Doors TV show and he said he may run something on it right before the Wolf Hunt this year.. I told him I could probably get him Names and Numbers of guys with dogs that have been mutilated that he could talk to. Their is going to be a lot of controversy right before this wolf hunt and this would be a good time to show what kind of animal we are dealing with. I can not promise he will run the story though I do see him every weak and will keep reminding him.
That's great +1
TheJohnBirchSociety

JCM

Post by JCM »

golden acres wrote:Just talked to Jimmy Gretzinger owner of Michigan Out of Doors TV show and he said he may run something on it right before the Wolf Hunt this year.. I told him I could probably get him Names and Numbers of guys with dogs that have been mutilated that he could talk to. Their is going to be a lot of controversy right before this wolf hunt and this would be a good time to show what kind of animal we are dealing with. I can not promise he will run the story though I do see him every weak and will keep reminding him.
I let a bunch of news agencies know about this and didn't get a single response. I would be surprised if anyone would show the side of the hunters.

golden acres

Post by golden acres »

Jim Michigan out of doors is a hunting show here in Michigan. I do believe the Anti will be in full force when the hunt begins. I guess their are going to be 1200 permits sold. Then 50 or so wolves will be killed. so many will be drawn the first day and the hunter will need to call when bagging his wolve. They will draw each day till the number of wolves are killed. If their ever is a time to poach it is now.
Golden Acre Supplies 616-813-0814 (Cell)
http://www.goldenacresupplies.com

tom summers

Post by tom summers »

Nice work Jamie, I sent wolf info to paper & tv several years ago and it was never picked up, I was contacted by a paper from Flint but to my knowledge they never printed anything. JCM I truly believe that Michigan Out Doors will air the info . This show promotes and is supported by our states sportsmen & women and are not afraid to get involved. Again nice work Jamie we are commited to taking care of our hunting rights.
Tom Summers

rmhandy2

Post by rmhandy2 »

I heard on the November ballot they are trying to stop the shooting of Wolves. The DNR wanted to issue a limited amount of licenses but the animal-rights groups collected petitions to place it on the ballot for no hunting. a friend of mine had three Killed by wolves last year near Trout lake .

indiana mike

Post by indiana mike »

Hunted bear in Idaho a couple of years ago and was told that they were losing packs of bear and lion hounds the same way to wolves that were reintroduced there. Very sorry for your loss.

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

Preacher, no this did not happen on Drummond but it very well could have. There are several wolves on the Island that do kill dogs.
A couple of years ago I was running with SR Patch and some others when we had some hounds come up missing. We recovered all but SR's Bubble Gum dog and I am sure the wolves got to her before we could.
I now carry a 17 round 9mm with me when I run up there and I will not wait for the wolves to attack if I see one

Sorry for your loss

Reddog

Will05

Post by Will05 »

rmhandy2 wrote:I heard on the November ballot they are trying to stop the shooting of Wolves. The DNR wanted to issue a limited amount of licenses but the animal-rights groups collected petitions to place it on the ballot for no hunting. a friend of mine had three Killed by wolves last year near Trout lake .
I just read about this and it is true they did get the signatures they needed but I read that the DNR and/or the governor were going to be passing a law that would make all those signatures useless. I forget what it said they were doing but it would eliminate the chance of there being any vote to stop the wolf hunt
Wsullivan777@gmail.com
Home of :
Sullivan's Sadie MaePatch
Sullivan's MollyPatch

bill (flint river )

Post by bill (flint river ) »

the pricks paid 3 dollar for every singnture, screws thos Oakland county tree huggers.