Famous houndsmen quotes

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mo. beagler

Post by mo. beagler »

Karle also said as we watched a mouthy dog in a cast, "I'd like to buy that dog, so that I could stand it in front of my kennel and cut its throat to set an example!!"

THATS A GOOD ONE!!!
GOD FAMILY COUNTRY

backyard beagler

Post by backyard beagler »

mitch wrote:Must of been the blue bird sky that they couldn't run today.
I tell my buddies that all the time lol. seems like here lately we are saying that a lot more :oops:

"if we can't get a rabbit out of there we might as well go home"
"this is a bad year for the rabbit population"
"its up if oh .... is barking"
"have a little faith these dogs are prooofessionals"
"leave em alone they know what we are here for"

jeffro

Post by jeffro »

One that made me fall of the tail gate one night ,my buddies fast dogs couldn't run after a rain one night. Put his up and disproved the theory with my medium slow dogs. Any way here it is.

The ground must be Sour from the rain. :roll: :shock: :roll: [/b]

checkmate kennels

Post by checkmate kennels »

This was told to me at a trail - you had the best dog out there she just didnt score any points :roll:

Larry G

Post by Larry G »

These 2 gyps will work a thicket like maggots in a dead mule.

It don't get too hot and dry for this un to run.

If ol' joe here can't smell 'im, nothing can.

I believe that rabbit climbed a pine sapling.... seen it before.

BIG AL

Post by BIG AL »

Was at the WV State Hunt and a fellow had pups for sale. I asked him what these pups were out of and he said "Rocket and Zipper." (These are two male dogs.) Must have been and interesting site when these two dogs mated.

Other quotes I hear occassionally.

At UKC hunts I hear. "Those ARHA little pack hounds are all too wild and crazy and worthless." and "There is a lot of cheating and buddy judging in that format."

At Little Pack hunts I hear. "In the UKC each person is the judge of their own hound. How can they lose like that?" and "There is a lot of cheating and buddy judging in that format."

TOUCHSTONEBGLS

Post by TOUCHSTONEBGLS »

" A dog is what it is the day it is born! All we can do is give it the field time to bring it out!" Dale Prunty told me that.
Structure: The winning edge!
Hunting Beagles Bred For FORM AND FUNCTION
GRCH/GRHBCH White River Beau Of Touchstone
HBCH/CH Touchstone's Whimsical Dream

Catfish

Post by Catfish »

I heard a guy once time tell me that the only hound that he trust from not any kind of trash was a dead hound. I have found that one to be true.

Catfish:
The best music is a pack of hounds pounding a rabbit track
R.ch Bad News Hunter
R.I.P. R.ch Haywood's come Back Kid
R.I.P Gr. R. Ch. Haywood's Precious Lady Garlick

pete young

Post by pete young »

I was running with Jimmy Abshire one day this past summer and the dogs were pounding. He said "they are running that rabbit like it owes them money". That says it all about a good day of running.

Blu Tick Beagler

Post by Blu Tick Beagler »

Wont mention any names...." I was wipped by the pencil that round"

Karl Griffith at a trial in sod. He was a spectator yelling down to the handlers " Hey Jay, did you get your license plates renewed? If not you better or Ol'"......." is gonna get a ticket. He's been on the road for the last 15 minutes"

Was at a trial in TN a couple years back.. A dog struck off of the leash in the middle of the road. The judge gave him a jump.. I said how did you figure that one out? He snapped right back " Do you think rabbits just fall out of air planes?"
B.T.A.K Kennels
Paul and Bobbie Prevot

JIMMIE ABSHIRE

Post by JIMMIE ABSHIRE »

Could not jump a rabbit in a rain barrell. I was at a trial years ago about 2 pm afternoon , My dog screams a jump the rabbit runs like a pig from a gun. That locked me , as i ran the points thru my head. The score card was handed out at the end to be signed. No jump was awarded, or strike
but i received a check some where , When i asked about the jump , to my surprise the judge said "Didnt see it sorry" . I signed the score card .
So it goes.
Old school Northway . Full Throttle no Bottle.

danny vansickle

Post by danny vansickle »

i was tellin tom floyd one day about a guy that offered me 700 bucks for this dog i had then ,he said:

"boys,that is when two fools met,him for offering that much and you for not taking it!"
DVS ink Kustom Tattoos and Body Piercings
"SOUTHERN OHIO'S ONLY ONE STOP TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS HEAD SHOP "
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

Moore Beagles

Post by Moore Beagles »

I'm crying I'm laughing so hard! I always knew those squall mouth dogs were hurt! I can also relate to the free puppies. That was great!! I can't believe the Lawyer wouldn't trade dogs for services.
I'll keep My GOD, MY Freedom, My Guns, and My Money! You can keep the "CHANGE".

The Rich and Poor have a common bond, The LORD is the maker of them all. Proverbs 22:2

Blessed by the Best

kjohn2hunt

Post by kjohn2hunt »

Gaurantee it to run." FROM THE BACK DOOR TO THE FRONT DOOR"

diamondp

Post by diamondp »

I once said @#$%!! and followed it up with *%#$@