beagle shot

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

lowell robertson

Re: beagle shot

Post by lowell robertson »

I think God's law would be to kill only what you are going to eat. No one wants to eat a dog. Being a "Sportsman" is b.s., there is not enough hunting space left for the pleasure of shooting creatures in the name of sportsmanship. If you want to be a Sportsman, build a stand and leave your Rifle at home. If you want meat for the table, find a place to hunt and kill your game cleanly and legally. I have found fifty or more deer carcasses with only the Head, Hams, and Loin taken, the rest was left for the yotes to clean up. That's why yotes are in the eastern United States. Too many "Sportsmen" are kidding themselves, they just like to kill. Do not intend to offend just state some facts.

mowhawk madman

Post by mowhawk madman »

Lotsa opinions on this subject. Terrible thing. Wouldnt kill nobody over it. But wouldn't settle for nothing less than 10,000.00 or the boys trigger finger pickled in a jar on my mantle over it. I think we oughta get a leagal fund up for this guy to sue the crap out of him and grab some national headlines over it. Last I checked NFL quaterbacks with millions of dollars go to jail for killing dogs. What makes him think he can do it and get by with it? JMO

bodetis

Post by bodetis »

gwyoung wrote:Dogs running rabbits have changed things for the better as many times as changing them for the worse for deer hunters. As a long time Deer hunter ( I have hunted Deer as long as I have hunted rabbits) I understand the woods must be shared, not selfish here. Why would one ever get the idea that their Deer hunt is more important than another man's rabbit hunt ( Selfish) But anyhow, I have rabbit hunted during Deer Gun season all of my life, no problems . The 2nd week of gun season is in now and I am waiting for my buddy to get here. we are hunting today. Am I taking a chance, If I would be so unfortunate as to encounter Bodetis yea things could go sour, for all involved. Fortunately there aren't many Bodetis' around anymore, no one needs them at anytime whether hunting or not. There is another on here that would shoot a dog just as Bodetis would and we have had this discussion with him. I noticed Bodetis has started to tone it down a little but make no mistake about it, read his posts he would shoot your dog if he saw it in the " Deer woods" . In my opinion he is really not worth having a discussion with and if those of us who would not shoot another man's dog would refuse to reply to him on any topic, he would have to go away or simply talk to himself. That is how I am going to deal with him and dog from here on out you should try it as well. I know it is hard not to respond to their asinine comments ( Some are going to be directed at me very shortly) but it would be the best way to deal with those type of whatever you want to label them as!
........................................................................................................................................ first of all i havnt toned anything down, i never said i would shoot a dog only that i have wanted to. have had hunts busted several times do to wondering stray dogs. never a rabbit dog, but dogs. its frustrating and i see it from both sides , but would i ever do it no especially a rabbit dog because i own some myself. you can kiss my ass for saying that i would and comparing me to someone who would. you dont know me , your just trying to read between the lines, and im glad your gona take the high road on this topic after you done spit harsh words my way, but never the less i dont want a dog busting my hunt. dont know why some of you cant respect gun hunters for a few days and just let the season get over with. i dont know one gun hunter that thinks they own the woods, sick of hearing that. its some of you on you high horse with you beagler goggles on that think laws hould be made around you an deer hunters shouldnt be intitled to be in the woods.. i dont like the seasons coming in at the same time but i deal with it. you have thousands of people in the woods at that time, why even chance being out there. i dont want a dog shot and dont want a stray bullet hitten me either.the kid was wrong in what he did, but lets not forget he is a kid, kids make mistakes in life, some of you want to hang this kid. he never should have been left alone. but il say it again and hope your listening gw, there are some out there, maybe the gwyoungs that will shoot at you dog. why chance it????????????????????????????

DEA

Post by DEA »

fellas bottom line is the man was on public land if he bought his licence and was legally runnin his hound, no one has the right to even mess up his hunt let alone kill his dog period. The laws were have should protect everyone that is legally using public land. Here in mi it is legal to train not hunt during firearm deer season and some may not agree but it is legal.
I have personally been responsible for more than 1 sportsman harrassment charge. And I have never had a dog shot. I refuse to be pushed off public land that my taxes pay for and entitle me to use, When u choose to hunt on public land those r the things u have to deal with, and yes i understand some people have no choice but to hunt pubic land ME included.

Shoot Straight
DEA

bodetis

Post by bodetis »

bigcfromrbc wrote:Thing with deer hunting vs's rabbit hunting is we spend a lot more time, and money then they do. Once they have their hunting gear they don't really need any new gear. We always have to buy food, pay the water bill that raises due to having dogs, meds, and so forth. Time spent raising pups, and finishing a dog out. They don't own the woods. Nor does anyone for that matter. Yet they need to respectful as we are. I try to avoid area's I know a deer hunter might be. Sometimes you can't. I had a friend lose a dog to a bow hunter a couple years ago. I would have dragged him out of the woods, and called the law on him. That's me though. Someone kills a dog they don't realize how much money is lost in it.
....................................................................... i agree to an extent but some people do invest alot during gun season, if you at a camp you looking at food, travel to get there, gear an more gear, some have out of state license. im just sayen its not as much as owning a beagle but deer hunters also in vest time and money in their hunts. and may have a limited time to kill a deer .

Crow

Post by Crow »

bodetis wrote:
gwyoung wrote:Dogs running rabbits have changed things for the better as many times as changing them for the worse for deer hunters. As a long time Deer hunter ( I have hunted Deer as long as I have hunted rabbits) I understand the woods must be shared, not selfish here. Why would one ever get the idea that their Deer hunt is more important than another man's rabbit hunt ( Selfish) But anyhow, I have rabbit hunted during Deer Gun season all of my life, no problems . The 2nd week of gun season is in now and I am waiting for my buddy to get here. we are hunting today. Am I taking a chance, If I would be so unfortunate as to encounter Bodetis yea things could go sour, for all involved. Fortunately there aren't many Bodetis' around anymore, no one needs them at anytime whether hunting or not. There is another on here that would shoot a dog just as Bodetis would and we have had this discussion with him. I noticed Bodetis has started to tone it down a little but make no mistake about it, read his posts he would shoot your dog if he saw it in the " Deer woods" . In my opinion he is really not worth having a discussion with and if those of us who would not shoot another man's dog would refuse to reply to him on any topic, he would have to go away or simply talk to himself. That is how I am going to deal with him and dog from here on out you should try it as well. I know it is hard not to respond to their asinine comments ( Some are going to be directed at me very shortly) but it would be the best way to deal with those type of whatever you want to label them as!
........................................................................................................................................ first of all i havnt toned anything down, i never said i would shoot a dog only that i have wanted to. have had hunts busted several times do to wondering stray dogs. never a rabbit dog, but dogs. its frustrating and i see it from both sides , but would i ever do it no especially a rabbit dog because i own some myself. you can kiss my ass for saying that i would and comparing me to someone who would. you dont know me , your just trying to read between the lines, and im glad your gona take the high road on this topic after you done spit harsh words my way, but never the less i dont want a dog busting my hunt. dont know why some of you cant respect gun hunters for a few days and just let the season get over with. i dont know one gun hunter that thinks they own the woods, sick of hearing that. its some of you on you high horse with you beagler goggles on that think laws hould be made around you an deer hunters shouldnt be intitled to be in the woods.. i dont like the seasons coming in at the same time but i deal with it. you have thousands of people in the woods at that time, why even chance being out there. i dont want a dog shot and dont want a stray bullet hitten me either.the kid was wrong in what he did, but lets not forget he is a kid, kids make mistakes in life, some of you want to hang this kid. he never should have been left alone. but il say it again and hope your listening gw, there are some out there, maybe the gwyoungs that will shoot at you dog. why chance it????????????????????????????
Tennessee deer season for 2013 and 2014 number of days each season is open in unit B (where I live):

Archery: 39 days
Black powder / archery: 13 days
Rifle (including youth hunts that rifles are allowed): 47 days
Total days of deer season: 99 days for 2013 / 2014

Black Rock Kennels

Post by Black Rock Kennels »

........................................................................................................................................................

I usually stay out of these conversations on this board for the most part. Mainly because by the end of it everyone is a bada$$ hell some even turn in to chuck Norris. But to try your hardest to read between the lines and try an blackball someone from the board is high school stuff. Bodetis basically said he has been in the situation and it pisses a guy off enough that yea u would like to screw up what ever screwed up your hunt but he didn't and wouldn't. As far as things going sour if you run in to bodetis I can surely tell you, you are right about that but you would be the one feeling a little sour when it was over. To me this situation boils down public or private land. If it was public no matter what you are hunting you just have to face the fact that everyone else has the right to be there to plain an simple. If it was private well I know guys that would shoot a human so a dog wouldn't be nothing. Just saying
Home of Black Rock Kennels
LPRCH Powerhouse's Sarge

bodetis

Post by bodetis »

Crow wrote:
bodetis wrote:
Tennessee deer season for 2013 and 2014 number of days each season is open in unit B (where I live):............................................................................................................................................obviously thats different, our gun in our zone is nov 9-18 . our first muzzle was in october. we have two days of youth in oct and two more days of youth in dec along with a few more days of muzzle. bow starts sept 1 but i never worry about that cause not alot of hunters in woods anyway. and by oct most all the youths and adults have killed a deer anyway. our rabbit starts nov 11 so thats only 8 days that i need to rest my dog and wait till season is over. i can totally understand you alls frustration with that kind of season. iwas going off ours. glad i live in ky

Total days of deer season: 99 days for 2013 / 2014

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Blackrock, Not trying to black ball anyone, Just telling you I wouldn't respond to someone like Bodetis, and telling others if they don't want to hear someone like him to do likewise . You apparently want to yap back and forth with him, that is O.K. with me , why isn't it O.K. with you if some others do not wish to speak with him. You apparently don't like two way streets! You seem to know ole Bodetis . I don't believe many could read his comments and come away thinking that he would not shoot their dog over a deer, To those that do they probably still believe in the tooth fairy! For someone who doesn't know me you make a pretty big statement about your hero Bodetis there! You have a bad case of hero worship there son, you need to get over him! In my opinion based on what he has said, in my opinion he would kill a dog. , I don't care what someone like yourself has to say, it is not very smart stuff anyway! Oh, yea, take your cheap shot now , I won't respond to you any further either, you simply need to mature to the point where you can join a mainstream conversation without looking so foolish. Done with you also, I have adjusted my way of thinking to the point of only responding to mature thinkers. This deals you and your hero out! . Go ahead and yap your head off I know it's coming, I used to put children in their place, but it wasted a lot of my time , It is easier to let them yap on! Let's hear your next piece of yapping, it should be entertaining! Bodetis Boy!
Last edited by gwyoung on Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crow

Post by Crow »

............................................................................................................................................obviously thats different, our gun in our zone is nov 9-18 . our first muzzle was in october. we have two days of youth in oct and two more days of youth in dec along with a few more days of muzzle. bow starts sept 1 but i never worry about that cause not alot of hunters in woods anyway. and by oct most all the youths and adults have killed a deer anyway. our rabbit starts nov 11 so thats only 8 days that i need to rest my dog and wait till season is over. i can totally understand you alls frustration with that kind of season. iwas going off ours. glad i live in ky

Total days of deer season: 99 days for 2013 / 2014[/quote][/quote]

If we were in your situation then I would be much more in line with your thinking of just let 'em rest up for a week or so, obviously Tennessee places much more emphasis on deer than small game when it comes to hunting time. To stay out of the woods during deer season here is to not be in the woods in the fall at all. 99 days of deer season is absurd to me.

Black Rock Kennels

Post by Black Rock Kennels »

gwyoung wrote:Blackball, Not trying to black ball anyone, Just telling you I wouldn't respond to someone like Bodetis, and telling others if they don't want to hear someone like him to do likewise . You apparently want to yap back and forth with him, that is O.K. with me , why isn't it O.K. with you if some others do not wish to speak with him. You apparently don't like two way streets! You seem to know ole Bodetis . I don't believe many could read his comments and come away thinking that he would not shoot their dog over a deer, To those that do they probably still believe in the tooth fairy! For someone who doesn't know me you make a pretty big statement about your hero Bodetis there! You have a bad case of hero worship there son, you need to get over him! In my opinion based on what he has said, in my opinion he would kill a dog. , I don't care what someone like yourself has to say, it is not very smart stuff anyway! Oh, yea, take your cheap shot now , I won't respond to you any further either, you simply need to mature to the point where you can join a mainstream conversation without looking so foolish. Done with you also, I have adjusted my way of thinking to the point of only responding to mature thinkers. This deals you and your hero out! . Go ahead and yap your head off I know it's coming, I used to put children in their place, but it wasted a lot of my time , It is easier to let them yap on! Let's hear your next piece of yapping, it should be entertaining! Bodetis Boy!
.....................................................................................................................................................
Hahah please tell me you are a women and it is that time of the month because you sir are freaking hilarious. :loser: :loser: :loser:
Home of Black Rock Kennels
LPRCH Powerhouse's Sarge

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Just got back from my rabbit hunt, had a good day ran nine and killed six. Talked to three deer hunters while I was out and saw about a dozen other hunters. The first two were a father and his daughter who were hunting up the hollow from us and the daughter killed a nice three point, her first Deer, She was shooting a Ruger International .308 her granddad had bought her years ago, she was very proud of it, as she should be. I would like to report that the dogs ran it out to her, but she killed it three or four hours before we got there. I was happy for her and she was happy that we had killed a couple of rabbits and she was pleased with the dogs they were all over each other. we went ahead and finished dragging the Deer out for them as they were pretty wore out! Moved to another spot and talked to another Deer hunter as we were going in. , nice Guy. didn't have anything unfavorable to say, wished us luck as we did the same for him. Can you imagine that! not a selfish bone in their bodies, not only that but I suspect they are smart enough to realize what some others aren't!

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Just a general observation , but it does appear that DOGS and WOMEN are now both, free game! What a shame!
Last edited by gwyoung on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PREACHERS KENNEL

Post by PREACHERS KENNEL »

ok my friend met the boys dad and he paid him the money the boy apolagised over and over he said .... so story over in this situation.

when it is public land all have a right to be there, anybody that does not respect that right ,will just pay the piper. however that goes lol.
we all love to hunt and that is good ...now if we could learn some manners and have respect for other right to be there .be nice.

if you dont want anybody to bother your hunt ,buy you alot of land and post it .
ACTS 2:38=repent,baptised in the name of jesus christ,receive the holy ghost!

bodetis

Post by bodetis »

gwyoung wrote:Blackball, Not trying to black ball anyone, Just telling you I wouldn't respond to someone like Bodetis, and telling others if they don't want to hear someone like him to do likewise . You apparently want to yap back and forth with him, that is O.K. with me , why isn't it O.K. with you if some others do not wish to speak with him. You apparently don't like two way streets! You seem to know ole Bodetis . I don't believe many could read his comments and come away thinking that he would not shoot their dog over a deer, To those that do they probably still believe in the tooth fairy! For someone who doesn't know me you make a pretty big statement about your hero Bodetis there! You have a bad case of hero worship there son, you need to get over him! In my opinion based on what he has said, in my opinion he would kill a dog. , I don't care what someone like yourself has to say, it is not very smart stuff anyway! Oh, yea, take your cheap shot now , I won't respond to you any further either, you simply need to mature to the point where you can join a mainstream conversation without looking so foolish. Done with you also, I have adjusted my way of thinking to the point of only responding to mature thinkers. This deals you and your hero out! . Go ahead and yap your head off I know it's coming, I used to put children in their place, but it wasted a lot of my time , It is easier to let them yap on! Let's hear your next piece of yapping, it should be entertaining! Bodetis Boy!
................................................................................................................................... i think he says that because he knows im 6'3 265 and wont take crap off any body including a punk like you. you act like your in 1st grade, now nobody talk to ol bodetis just ignore him. what i said does not mean that i would shoot a dog and quit trying to run with that notion. your opinion doesnt mean squat. and your so full of crap with your glory story today. how about quit being so in love with your hounds and venture out a little, you might just discover a whole new world out there