Oldest male you have known to produce a litter?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mo. Beagler 5000

Re: Oldest male you have known to produce a litter?

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

Duke wrote:I have an old male who locked up with one of my females, both retired. Was wondering at what age a male stops producing? I am keeping my fingers crossed that it didn't take.
Or, you could just have the dog spayed since its retired and you don't want pups. Its cheaper, probably healthier for the dog, and you don't have to screw around with papers.
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

Duke

Post by Duke »

Not sure I could do that to the old boy.

FreeHoller40

Post by FreeHoller40 »

bfoster wrote:Question:
I always take pictures of the hang. I have two males pushing 12 and one will be 12 next spring. Both are DNA'd as well as my two producing bitches whom they're each respectively breeding. Could I not simply send in a picture of the hang with the litter registration after the males pass 12 years? I'd figure the DNA would cover all, but if they need proof like a picture then I don't mind sending it. What do you think?

Seriously, tell me these two aren't related and the Male is to old to produce, lol.
ImageImage

Nice looking dogs... What are they out of?
MAKING RABBIT HATERS!!!

Visit Us:
http://www.cottonmouthbeagles.webs.com
~GRHBCH CH COTTONMOUTH'S RAGIN' CAJUN RUGER~
~GRHBCH CH CK'S HARE RAISIN' WHISKEY~
~HBCH CK'S BLACKBERRY MOONSHINE~

bfoster

Post by bfoster »

Thank ya!
Ol hound (Georges Red Sir Jessie) is out of Prime Time and litter mate to Hickster's Intimidator (Split Log Mischevious Maggie). Pup will remain unknown until he makes a name for himself.