Chappy takes it to em at Bay De Noc

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mn_beagleboy

Re: Chappy takes it to em at Bay De Noc

Post by mn_beagleboy »

1st place was gb bernie. Nbq was legend n top n button was GB. If max was not injured, today would have been his day. I guess that sucker wants to stay with me longer. Once he finished, I will send him to his owner.

I saw chapko dogs n they r not too bad. With more running, I think they will do better next time. it was not chaps day. U can't expect to get first all the time. Good luck chapko, I hope to see u more.

Sao
Minnesota Beagler

Budd

Post by Budd »

Congrats Joe, and everyone else that placed. Sounds like in all that horrible running the GB hounds must have been doing just a bit better then the rest.

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

Honestly I dont believe that. I could see the judges all day they had no reason to leave the trail.
These guys can make it out to something it was not, but I dont kid my self. That dog food cost to much money. I can here a 1/2 mile may be them gb hound were scoreing them goast rabbits.
i would have gave 6 dog way at one time for standing in the trail to long one being a gb ribbon placer today. if that gb hound of I got wasent really my old ladys baby I would have sent him home with sao so he could have another one. (deer) Unacceptable

Every pup clip I got on youtube sounded better than them today

When u can look at the big picture an see it for what it is. U will be a better hounds man.

It is a nice club easy to get to also. Rabbits run the parking lot . They have cotton tail an hare in the pen also ;) I dont want to sound like I diddent like it. An I understand the ribbion go somewhere for a reason,but we all no theres times ur proud of winning and others u would give ur trophy away. I it was bad bad tracking. I would have liked to see the hound that could have locked on to it with in that pack. I would have owned it.

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHQdpnYFl7k Next time play tank the song! :D
TheJohnBirchSociety

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I give you credit for going Chappy, you manned up. Just don't complain anymore and let it be!! Tank is a nice dog, I have watched some video, go on a no excuses day, get him fully broke, and give it to them again!!! :D Take care.

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

yup I drove the 8 hours thew the lake affect snow an put my hounds in the pen. Was not impressed . The only kind of beagle that would of stuck to a rabbit thew all that crap. Would of had to be a independent beagle. Not one that pack. Too many goast barks an not from my hounds.
now like I said before. all them gb hounds were running deer olny one a fence couldent stop. He is athletic I would say more than his little brothers that couldent get over

Would love to have these guys come out an have some fun. Running RABBITS
Dave,sao,cj,yang,butch,jim
And the rest of u guys that own a gb superstar. make it over here to the WILD AN SEE WHAT UR FEEDING when rabbit run big cross water over trash piles down fence rows thew swamp briar an back oh yeah thew fences as they dont stop rabbits in wild t ext. In stead of running the same trail over and over. We can take the guns, and hunt the one running down the trail goast barking lol lol
No we wouldent have to cull any just let me play with YOUR shock collars I show u how to fix that. Besides it will give me a chance to get mine broke as the deer yard up behind me by the hundreds. My problum is that stupid shooter dog wont run um by his self I need one to start it. he is to fired up to resist an than ill get him :D
Ask anyone that run ukc, or that has been out here running.it good running. It can be second to none

For the recored I dident plan on my hounds even makeing the so called cut. if my hound won the trial
Last edited by chapkosbeagles on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

chappy......ur talking fence rows and running over trash piles? lmao

i just got back from the swamps of tennessee. you want to talk needing good hounds to do that! lemme see a good race thru large nasty swamp water slous and you wading thru 16" of water and watching your dogs swim to keep the rabbit going and tip toe across logs where the swamper run across. thats running! not fence rows and trash piles in the wild..lmao

bring em to bottom grounds in da swamps of tennessee. i got vid of my dogs sucking at it horribly but they did give it a good ol try...i'll post it soon.
Last edited by Joeyman on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

If my hound won I still would have told the same story. Just had sothing to remind me of a bad day of running with a bunch of good guys

My phone cuts me off in my post

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

Joey ran ace on swampers he got thew fine I make the running sound easy as I dont want to scare to old boys off

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

chapkosbeagles wrote:Joey ran ace on swampers he got thew fine I make the running sound easy as I dont want to scare to old boys off
we ran in da swamps saturday from 7am till 5 pm then with the same dogs turned around and ran them sunday from 8am till 3:30...sunday half of them were done. i found there bottom. dissapointed in a couple of my dogs that they quit on me. but at the same time i pushed them hard and they went thru alot
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

Hay at least u can see there inperfections. They all got holes it just takes longer to see them in the good ones ;)

Dillinger09

Post by Dillinger09 »

Find me and the hound put very similar time and miles as you describe on these swampera as we do out in the cedar swamps running hare in some snow rather then water.

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

Littlewoody
I loved it :lol: still laughing

But trust me he was pump up enough :lol:

I am not trying to bash these gb hounds that fired up little sucker I got has sent a HUNDED Beagles packing around here an I am sure some of these others are seeing these quilitys.

The trial was a good time the hospitality was great. I will go back on a better day.

I am not trying to be harsh or disrespectfull in any of these post. The olny real complaint I had Is my dogs couldent stick the rabbit when I thought they should have. Maybe a better day would have brought better resaults. For all of us

Bunnyblaster

Post by Bunnyblaster »

Chappy, this is a serious question not a jab. Do you let tank run unattended back home?? The only reason I ask is if he took a deer at the trial then doesn't he do it back home?? I thought you had said before you cut them loose around your house and just let em go.........just curious that's why I asked.
Bunnyblaster

"You can't change the past but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

I am guilty of running him not watching him at times but, if they were to hit a deer it would not stay in the section. We got farm field and wood lots. I run out side the pen and in EVERY deer exsperience I had even with six month old pups deer break the section.
Hunting this dog 4 days a week shooting a few hundred rabbits this year off the state ground all over michigan tank has not ran a deer. I am not trying to stand up for him as I see it unacceptable an probally might have got culled depending on my mood.
he was so extremly into It thow that I yelled at him An he came in guilty as hell.

I never cut a hound lose with out a garmin. He new he was wrong but could take the heat of 20 others pounding without him. U can say what u want or think what u want if I cut a dog lose by itself it cause I got the confadence that they not gona run deer. Where I live there is deer in everyfence row an tree line,woods,ext. I live in deer country.

In fact just droped tank in a woods with no rabbit 100 deer came out he never said a word.

I shocked him anyway cause I new he could smell um an as stupid as it sounds this house beagle new I was still pissed from yesterday.