Do you worm yourself?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

hogbody

Re: Do you worm yourself?

Post by hogbody »

I'm 55. I remember when I was real young mom would have us kids line up for our "worm medicine" It was in a brown bottle and was red syrup and sweet. Mom's gone so i can't ask what it was........But we got "wormed"
I live back in the woods you see, my woman and the kids and the dogs and me.

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Pyrantel for two months , then skip two months. I tapeworm myself whenever I see tapes. I had them so bad a couple of months ago, I took a crap and it crawled off!

warddog

Post by warddog »

Dang gwyoung, you must be skinny as a rail as every wormy dog i ever had was! :lol:

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

wardog, I ain't a packin' no extra, I can tell you that. I keep the worms on myself, the wife and the kids knocked down pretty good. mdbeagler, said we shouldn't be going outside barefoot. The wife is always out there carrying in the firewood and the coal, raking leaves, taking the garbage out, feeding the dogs, mowing the lawn , shoveling a path to the bathroom in the winter , etc; we may have to make some adjustments around here. I guess the big question is, should I get her some shoes?

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

Na, gw. You got to keep them barefoot & pregnant! ;)
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Blackwater, We, here in West Virginia, know that. Been doing it for generations but dang it I will break tradition and get the wife some shoes if she is going to get worms while she is out there doing the chores, I like to take care of my family as much as the next man. Got her a new snow shovel and a coat two winters ago she still brags about it to her friends.

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

Interesting if my memory serves me rite. I dont believe they can reproduce in your body they will lay egg around the anis and unless your scraching your azz and puting your hands in your mouth they will die off.

But it has been a very long time since I took biology. Or spelling for that matter

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

chapko, No expert on it either, but I think the worms can and will reproduce in your body. At least they will mature and live a long time in there . But at any rate I will take the extra precaution and try to prevent the laying of eggs on us as you described. There are a lot of flying insects out in the bathroom in the warmer months and they do land all over a person and who amongst us doesn't scratch a little every now and then. I am going to buy some sticky pest strips and have the wife to hang them in the bathroom when the weather gets warm. Thank You, I learn something new on this board everyday.

chapkosbeagles

Post by chapkosbeagles »

I know I am 130 pounds and more than most of mybuddys that are 200+ I have never been wormed I thought fast motabilizem :D

bucks better beagles

Post by bucks better beagles »

Surely, some worms can and do live in humans but, this thread beats all I ever saw. I thought somebody was selling soil for a while but now, maybe this was serious. I like the budweiser answer the best of all. Myself, it is Jack Danials black, 100 proof.

warddog

Post by warddog »

gwyoung,
Got any of those worms for sale as 'd like to loose several pounds? I been looking for an means to make a little extra spending change in my retirement and you may have given me the perfect idea for a new internet weight loss sales program :biggrin:

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

wardog, I ain't against making a buck myself. The only worms I ever see have been through the horse , so to speak. I don't know if they are dead or alive at this point but I am willing to sell them. I am not going to pick them out of the "particular Medium" if you know what I mean but I would be willing to scoop the whole works up and sell it by the pound. How much you give me per pound if I was to package it say in a plastic Wal-Mart bag, We have a lot of them and the bag would be free! Looking forward to the Partnership.

warddog

Post by warddog »

gw, you are cracking me up. :lol: