Famous houndsmen quotes

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

crewchf

Post by crewchf »

With all this talk about holes and pounding and breeding down on the beagle health site,,, I sure Hope Mr's Crew Chief ain't got a headache tonight!!!!!! And I'm still stuck here at the shop aligning cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crew Chief

TomMN

Post by TomMN »

Jimmy, I know you have some better ones, I've read several on here.

Just the other day, when someone was looking for a stud off Driver you said "i have had him since he was 6 months , runs loose on the farm . He has bred every dog in 5 mile area. There are pups out of him all up and down route 11. Welcome to it should you want it."

Now that's a classic.

danny vansickle

Post by danny vansickle »

he or she just needs ran,seems that is the solution to every flaw in the history of beagling,if it is tight mouth,needs ran,loose mouth,needs ran,backtracks,needs ran,if that dont fix it,run it more.some times it is true but if all we need to do is run them we would all have perfect dogs.

hey zuk,loved the one about people wanting a perfect dog and expecting to get it for 150.00.
when i first got into beagling,i had a kennel full of 150.00 perfect dogs,everyone had one for sale and dummy me believed it,thanks for the expensive lesson you guys.lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DVS ink Kustom Tattoos and Body Piercings
"SOUTHERN OHIO'S ONLY ONE STOP TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS HEAD SHOP "
740-285-1911
FC HOWARDS BANDIT

Matt Glomski

Post by Matt Glomski »

A houndsman that I have GREAT respect for told me this one time.

"All hounds (dogs) have the same amount of nose, some just have more desire to run a smaller amount of sent"

Right or wrong I have learned alot from that statement.
Last edited by Matt Glomski on Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KPrice

Post by KPrice »

Here's one I picked up from a friend of mine when a particular dog is holding the front end and doing it right:

Ol' insert dog's name here has got his stinger out today!!

sgc

quotes

Post by sgc »

I read once where Lew Madden said something to the effect "Its not about speed, its about line control".

mitch

Post by mitch »

Must of been the blue bird sky that they couldn't run today.

Plowboy

Post by Plowboy »

My grandfather told me dog papers are good for two things, build a fire or wipe your butt.

Jamie Rice

Post by Jamie Rice »

KEYBOARD BEAGLERS ARE A DIME A DOZEN, BUT TRUE HOUNDSMEN THAT KNOW A RABBITHOUND ARE FAR AND FEW!
Jamie D. Rice
FUZZ'S BEAGLES
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me." - Philippians 4:13 KJV

bill (flint river )

Post by bill (flint river ) »

i have always liked ,my dogs wont run deer.

the next thing we are doing is chasing down his clean dog. he looks at me and said well it must have smelt like a rabbit.

i wasnt sure if i was going to pee my pants laughing, or throw him on the ground and beat the snot out of him.

Duke

Post by Duke »

TEN YEARS IS A LONG TIME TO OWN SOMETHING THAT DOESNT DO IT THE WAY YOU LIKE. John Snieder

IF YOU DIDNT SEE THE RABBIT DONT ASSUME HE IS DOING IT WRONG, IF YOU DIDNT SEE THE RABBIT DONT ASSUME HE IS DOING IT RIGHT.
Larkin Hensley.

WHY THAT HOUND, YOUD BE BETTER OFF IF HE CROSSED THE ROAD AND GOT HIT Mark Ross about my dog who won the BP World.

PATIENCE, YOU GOTTA HAVE SOME PATIENCE THEY DONT LEARN IT OVERNIGHT Greg Brown to me.

ROMAN YOU GOTTA HAVE SOME PATIENCE Me to my friend Roman remembering what Greg told me hundreds of times. LOL!!!!!

NO DOG HAS EVER RUN IN FRONT OF THAT HOUND. Guy running 15 patch hounds at Ceasars Creek. 20 minutes later he couldnt say that anymore.

BOY THEY ARE GETTING WAY OUT THERE, DID ANYONE SEE THE RABBIT, OH %$#&^* Everyone

THE MORE SUCCESS YOU HAVE THE WORSE PEOPLE WILL TALK ABOUT YOU Bill Morris

YOU LET THAT DOG STAY IN THE MOTEL WITH YOU!!! RJ Spivey

MasonsBeagles

s

Post by MasonsBeagles »

Did you see that dog running the front on (Insert Hounds Name), why thats the cuttingest swingingest dog Ive ever seen. Look that dog aint worth a crap he cant keep up with (Same Dog from first insert).

I can always reel them in but I sure cant push them out!!!!

At trials, Well if you Boys like that ole dog, you should see the one I got at home. (Everyone always leaves there best at the house)

That dog aint worth a crap. Let me do you a favor and Ill trade you this dog here thats gonna make a good dog and Ill get that old dog off of your hands.

Last but not least "Boys I took a screwing that last round".....LOL

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

( Naturally Trashproof) :roll:
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

kybriarbuster

Post by kybriarbuster »

thats the first time i ever saw him do that! no dought this is among the first. sam

ron simmons

Post by ron simmons »

A wise old beagle man once told me you will know when you have a good dog if you will just sit and listen to people talk .I said what do you mean he said everyone esle will run him down.